• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2002 Ranger Misfire

Try changing the ignition coil. I had the same problem. PS It didn't throw a code for that problem.
  2. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

WATCH THIS VID and it might help you out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgikQ8s6Va0 My hose had a crack in it. Instead of replacing (like I should have) I duct tapped it.
  3. 2001 2.3 ranger problems

Check your ignition coil. I had a problems like that and changed plugs, etc. It was the coil going out.
  4. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

Oh Crap, Not me too. :sad::sad::sad:I have a 2002 2.3 and just today had the same code (P1537) pop up. It started a little rough this morning (like a good Ford does) and warrmed up nicely. After stopping at the store, I noticed the check engine light on. Took it to AZ and found out it was...
  5. Need help! ('02 2.3)

Keyman; addiman09 The ignition coil was the problem. Seems to work fine now.
  6. Need help! ('02 2.3)

Thanks, Keyman Miine says 2.3 16 valve and the plugs go inside the valve covers. Unless my computer's fried and not throwing codes, I don't see what else could be wrong.
  7. Need help! ('02 2.3)

Would that be the device the wires plug into or something else? I have the 2.3 but, not sure if it's DOHC or not. Another thing, sometimes my truck seems to run just fine. I turn it off, start it again and it misses. I may have to take it to someone with an engine analyzer.
  8. Need help! ('02 2.3)

Thanks for the info. Had this problem before I changed out my plugs. Didn't make a bit of difference after I changed them and the wires. I'm wondering about the coil pack but, it's a $60 risk to find out.
  9. looking for a little bit of power

"I live on the big island of hawaii" No sympathy from me. LOL! Unless it's geared differently then my '02, you may have other problems.
  10. Need help! ('02 2.3)

Started getting sputtering at take off and bucking when accelerating through higher gears after my last oil change (started using high mileage Castrol) Truck has 106,000 miles. manual tranny. Changed fuel filter, plugs and wires to no avail. Possible coils? Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad