• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How fast do your brake lights illuminate?

I find in my 83 that the pedal seems to have to travel quite a distance before the brake lights illuminate. I personally would like them to operate like a newer vehicle. Is it best to just purchase a switch that has the plunger on it and make a bracket, or is there some kind of adjustment one...
  2. Turn signals...scratching my head

83 ranger. Without the headlights/parks on all markers flash including the cluster when I activate the turn signals. Either side doesn't matter. When I pull the switch out it cancels out the flasher relay... All bulbs appear visually to be fine. I tried the 4 way flasher, same thing. The...
  3. 83 ranger cowl vent panel

Recently i have been doing some work on my ranger, and now I'm onto looking for a replacement panel. The cowl vent panel. It's the piece located below the windshield. Does anyone know of where I can order a new one from? Thanks
  4. Dash replacement/Repair

I have an 83 Ranger and the dash is, ...well let's say not so pretty anymore. I know that there aren't any ranger's in any local junk yards to check out. So my question is, has anyone tried out the slip over dashes? I think they're a great idea, and obviously a quicker fix so to speak. I don't...
  5. What trans do you got?

I'm curious as to what everyone is running in their rangers for a tranny after the v8 swap. I initially had a top loader 3 speed, cast iron monster.. Last year I put in the top loader 3spd with OD...brought my rpms down crusing- and saved a few bucks each fill up. I'd like to have another gear...
  6. Steering shaft

Good day to all, I have an 83 ranger with the swap done, and I'm trying to clean things up a bit. I'm now on to the steering shaft. It has been cut and welded, but I would rather not use that anymore. Is there a "popular" shaft that the swappers use for this application? Thanks
  7. Scary bang noise

I have an extremely loud banging in my 2wd(v8). It has just started doing it. It's in the front passenger side. The front end is tight, the spring isn't broken.... My truck has the sway bar end that bolts to the frame on it's ends. Those rubber bushings look shot- but how much noise could those...
  8. 83 Ranger

Im not sure if this is the right section, but the 83 did undergo a v8 transplant. The fuel guage never worked, so now that will be my next adventure. Any suggestions on where to start? It's always hard on E no mater if the truck is running or not. Should I start by dropping the tank and...
  9. Charging..........

I wasn't sure if this was the correct section or not- but it is a v8 conversion. My 83 ranger's charging was getting pretty sporadic so I just put a new alt on- and now it's not even charging. I put the new plug on and everything...no go. Thoughts? Is there a fuse somewhere or possibly a fusible...
  10. t-170 shift lever

I currently have a t-18 in my ranger, and I want to swap it out for what I believe is a t-170. I was going to tackle it today, however when I set the shift lever down inside the tranny, I can't find any gears. The input and output shaft turn my hand. I'm not sure how to sit this lever in it to...
  11. 83 ranger steering wheel

When my ranger was built, the alignment shop said that the wheels were within spec, but the steering wheel is off. Apparently they couldn't fix it- I know ..hard to believe. Anyways, I pulled the wheel off to see if I could straighten it- nope. there are 2 slots that the wheel can sit in. is...
  12. vacuum lines 4180c

Hi all. I've been playing around a bit with my vacuum line routing. I put a new 4bbl on it last year and just noticed recently that the 2 rear barrels aren't working. I've got a holley 4180c carb, 4bbl. On the front of the carb is the pcv connection, and currently the port next to it is blocked...
  13. Broken electric choke

So the past few days ive noticed that the ranger has been idling rich. I took a look yesterday and noticed that the electrical tap on the choke had somehow become broken off. Is there anyway around this other than buying a new choke? Think I could solder a wire to where the male end was? thanks
  14. 91 f-150 Problems...

Good day to all. I'm hoping this is in the correct spot and that someone can assist me. My father has a 91 2wd with the 5.0. Recently the truck's fuel pump was not shutting down after the prime phase. After some troubleshooting I took the computer apart and found 3 bad caps. I unsoldered, and...
  15. What tranny do i have?

I have a 83 ranger that had the 302 swap already done to it. i was also told that it had a half ton truck tranny in it. What I do know is that it's a 4 speed manual and first is "bull" low. I've been looking at this page: http://www.fordification.com/tech/transID-man.htm and I think it's the...
  16. Puke tank hookup

The ranger I recently aquired has the washer fluid and coolant tank in one bottle. There is a line that runs from the over flow nipple on the rad into the top of the tank (not sealed, just rubber line into a hole), but on the very bottom of the overflow bottle is a blocked off line to nowhere...
  17. Tire size

Good day to all, First time using this site, and based on the info I have seen- it certainly will not be the last. My first question should be somewhat simple. I now have a 1983 ranger, single cab. This is going to be my car show truck this year. Due to the custom paint job the manufacturer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad