• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 Bronco 2 - fuel gauge reading backwards...

87 Bronco 2, Ok, I changed fuel pumps, installed one from an 89 in tank and done away with the frame mounted pump. I read the ohms are different from an 87 and 89. So I need to mount my 87 sending unit on the 89 pump for it to read correctly. Is this an easy swap ???
  2. 87 Bronco 2 - no 4x4 dash lights ??

bulbs are new. 2 blue wires with a plug were hanging by transfer case, I plugged it in the top of transfer case switch. (can someone verify if the 2 blue wires are the correct ones)?? still no dash lights. any tips ??? this is a manual tranny and t-fer case. also can someone verify this...
  3. 87 Bronco II, MANUAL 4X4 INDICATOR LIGHTS NOT SHOWING...

4x4 engages , hi/low but no lights on the dash. Manual 5 speed standard shift, 2.9 engine. What I have done - checked bulbs , all ok the wires going to the transfer case switch are both blue(if correct, they were unhooked , so I hooked them back up and still no dash lights. I changed the...
  4. 1998 Ranger GEM Module...... need one

my GEM MODLE is bad.. seems I cant find a replacement I can afford right now. Mine is F87B-14B205-EE I can find several xl5t-14b205-EE I read somewhere the last 2 numbers are the ones that must match, so anyone know if the XL5T will replace my F87B ???? Can anyone read the numbers o show...
  5. 98 Ranger replaced GEM Module problem...

my 98 ranger 4x4 - 4.0 engine. I had no power windows, no dome light and no 4x4. I replaced the GEM Module with one from a 98 Explorer everything works but - now my o/d light comes on , speedometer stays at 25mph no matter how fast im going and the idle is not as good. The GEM had different...
  6. 1987 with 2 fuel pumps ?

what are the symptoms of a weak in tank pump ? I replaced the frame hi pressure. will run good one day but has low rpm struggle. can hear it backfire on accelation thru the breather every so often. I have pulled each plug wire with it running. all firing good
  7. Dana 28 to 35 ... tires rubbing ?

awhile back I changed my 1987 dana 28 complete front-end to a 1990 Dana 35 from a 1990 ranger. I been noticing when I cut my wheels. the tires scrub my inner fenders ? is this normal or ??
  8. 1998 Ranger 4.0 misses for several min. when cold..

I replaced the upper intake gaskets. seemed to help some but it has a dead miss when first started. The colder out the worse it misses. shakes the truck. About 3 minutes or so, it will smooth out and miss disappears ???
  9. Coolant getting in transmission fluid, Help..

1998 ranger 4.0 I was in my driveway and saw a puddle under the truck. crawled under it and fluid coming out the tranny overflow tube. Milky looking and radiator is low on coolant. pulled tranny dipstick and overfull, milky watery looking Hows it getting water in tranny ??
  10. Valves chatter too bad when timing is set correct ?

1990 2.9 ranger I can set the timing with my timing light and get it right on the 10 degree mark but the valves chatter too bad unless I back it down about an inch from the mark. Yes, I unplugged the spout wire when using the timing light. I cant think what would cause this rather than too much...
  11. Dana 28 to 35 swap, rear driveline ??

1987 stx . ranger, 2.9 the donor is a 1990 with auto tranny and I replaced the smaller rear-end with the bigger 90 . the yoke on 90 is bigger and my driveline wont fit. the 90 had the slip yoke(splines) turned toward the rear. So I turned mine around and used the slip yoke from the 90 and it...
  12. Dana 28 to 35, rubber bump stops too big ?

I just completed the swap from dana 28 to 35. I never give the rubber bump stops any thought and left the original ones in. Now upon looking I just have a small bit of clearance . the ones on the donor look shorter. can someone confirm if they need to be changed or cut off ?? if so how to...
  13. 1987 Ranger losing prime fuel pump ??

1987 Ranger losing prime fuel pump stx 2.9 I must cycle key on/off several times before it will start. like its losing prime. it does this hot or cold. would the fault be a bad pump check valve ? it has the frame mounted pump and the in-tank pump. no fuel at FPR vacuum line. any tests to tell...
  14. 87 Ranger fuel pump losing prime ??

87 ranger stx 2.9. I must cycle key on/off several times to start. Doesn't matter hot or cold. From what I read, sounds like check valve in fuel pump. The fuel pressure regulator isn't leaking when vacuum line is removed. Ok, it has the frame mounted pump also. So are there a test I can do or...
  15. Axle C-Clip, splined washer, end of axle..

I just installed a Dana 35 in my 87 ranger, At the end of axle shaft that comes thru the spindle, it had a splined washer and the c-clip. Question, is this all goes here ? my Dana 28 has a flat washer then a flat thrust needle bearing and then another washer , then c-clip. I don't know if...
  16. Changing Dana 28 to Dana 35 question ?

Changing Dana 28 to Dana 35 , my vehicle is a 1987 STX , Donor is a 1990 with the 35 I have everything bolted up and question is Will I need to use the 35 tie rods, draglinks etc.. or will my 28 stuff work ?? what about the pitman arm on steering box ? will it need changed also ?
  17. Which axle joints and spindle bearings ??

can someone tell me the best brand axle joints and spindle bearing and seals are the best ? or are there much difference in brands ?? Dana 28 1988 ranger. will Ford or Moog outlast advance autos ?
  18. 1988 spindle beaings, axle u-joints ?

I can install new spindle bearings and axle joints, they may last a couple months or so and out again. I have tried napa and advance parts. Is the FORD parts any better ? I have a Dana 35 I can install , will it be worth the trouble and do they last longer than the Dana 28 components ?
  19. 87 - 90 ECM difference ??

several yr ago my 87 ranger 5 speed manual , had the ECM go bad. I swapped out with one from an 87 Auto. Have been working since. The other day I replaced another 87 model with one from a 90 model . no problem so far. runs fine So question - some say they wont swap like this and since they did...
  20. Changing 87 ranger fuel pumps to 90 system...

im gonna have to replace the in tank fuel pump in my 87 ranger, it is losing prime and have to cycle engine several times to start. I have a 90 model with the single high volume pump in tank and im gonna replace my 87 with the 90 fuel setup I will have to use the lines also from the 90 model I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad