• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ecm trouble

I have a 97 Ranger with a 4.0l. It was originally an auto and I swapped in the manual with the correct ecm. What would cause an ecm to not read the 3 oxygen sensors and the speed sensor? I am having this problem with both ecms, auto and manual. I'm getting oxygen sensor activity at the ecm...
  2. Ecm ?

I am in need of the part number for a 1997 ranger ecm for a 4.0l manual trans. It should be F77F-12A650- I need to know what the last 2 or 3 letters are. If you could let me know if its a ranger or explorer ecm and if its cali or fed emissions, that would be great. Thanks Nick
  3. ECM Part Number

I did an auto to manual swap on a 97 ranger with a 4.0L. Does anyone have the part number for the manual ECM? The auto ECM is freaking out because the auto trans isn't attached anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  4. Explorer Axle Shafts

I was wondering if I could take a set of 93 Explorer 8.8 31 spline shafts and put them in a 97 Ranger 8.8 28 spline housing. I just picked up another ranger and wanna put my locker in it. The locker is for the Explorer axle. It looks like both axles use the same wheel bearings. It would simplify...
  5. T-Case Shifter ?

I have a m5od with a bw1350. I bought a shifter from someone on here that was for a bw1354, a straight bar rather that a bent bar. I traded that one for one that was supposed to be for a bw1350. it bolts up, but the bar is about 1/2" too short. In 4hi, it lines up, but as soon as you push it...
  6. Ecm ?

Then engine thats going into my ranger is out of a '93 explorer. 2 O2s, batch fire injection, non-egr, automatic trans. Its been completely rebuilt, so zero miles. I plan on using megasquirt on the engine once its broken in, but I wanna use the factory ecm to do the breaking in. I have my...
  7. Speedo Cable

I swapped over to a 4.0L and decided to put in an m5od. I forgot that the speedometer cable would be too short. I never pulled the one out of the donor explorer which should have been the right length. I've been trying to find a new cable that would be the right length, but the only one that...
  8. m5od breather

I'm swapping a fm145 over to a m5od. The fm145 has a breather fitting on the top of the tranny. The m5od doesn't. I've heard that it breathes through the shifter bushing of through the 3 rubber plugs on the end of the top plate. Is it recommended to drill and tap a barb into the top and run a...
  9. M5OD Clutch Parts

I'm putting an M5OD in my 87 ranger. My problem is that i bought the clutch parts for a 93, because that is what my new engine is. I can't get the 93 master to bolt up to the firewall, the bolt pattern is different. I know there are a few different bores for the masters. Can I use my 87 master...
  10. T-case Rear Flange

I want to know if the rear output shaft is the same on a bw1350 and a bw1354. I wanna use the larger flange from a 1354 on my 1350 manual thats in my truck. Thanks Nick
  11. Oil Galley Plugs

I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to remove the 2 ball bearings that have been pressed into the oil galleys that supply the lifters. I'm cleaning the block before reassembly and would like to clean those 2 galleys also.
  12. 4.0 Connecting Rod Bolts

Does anyone know if the 2.9L and the 4.0L ohv use the same connecting rod bolts? I want to get ARP bolts for my rebuild and can only find them for the 2.9L. Thanks Nick
  13. Freeze Plug Kit

Does anyone know where I can get a freeze plug kit for an OHV 4.0L? I managed to find it once, but can't remember what site it was on. It may just be easier to purchase them all separately.
  14. 93 Explorer Mystery Device

I have a 93 Explorer that I'm in the process of stripping. I'm using the engine and axles in my ranger. I've come across some weird little box on the truck. Its located inside the drivers side frame rail, just in front of where the harness comes through, under the edge of the firewall. Heres a...
  15. T-Case Shifter Question

Can I use my t-case shifter from my fm145 on a m50d? I'm gonna be swapping to a 4.0L and a m50d.
  16. bw1350 manual shifter question

I have a fm145 trans in my truck with a bw1350 manual t-case on it. I'm going to be swapping in a m50d when I do my 4.0L swap. Can I use the t-case shifter from my fm145 on the m50d or do I need a different shifter? Thanks
  17. Connecting Rod Bolts

Does anyone know if the connecting rod bolts are torque-to-yield? I wanna do a gasket overhaul on a 93 4.0L and am temped on re-ringing the engine while its out. The haynes manual that I have says that the connecting rod bolts are torque-to-yield, but it doesn't say anything about the main...
  18. Master Cylinder 4.0l Swap

I'm going to be putting a 4.0l from a 93 explorer into an 87 ranger. The explorer is an auto, so i have to convert everything over to manual for my ranger. My question is, what master cylinder do i use with the 93 slave in the m50d? Can i use my 87 master? I know i have to get a clutch line for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad