• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. transfer case interchangability

I was curious if there are any other transfer cases that will bolt up to m5od trans. Is it just the bw1350 and bw1354 or are there others that I could use.
  2. current issues

hello yall. hopefully someone out there can help me out. I am currently trying to get my 85 ranger smoged. it has a 91 4.0 and manual trans out of an explorer. i am currently getting a code 41 (lean engine condition) so therefore it cannot pass smog. (damn california). it passes the emissions...
  3. temp and oil pressure gauge problems

so i swapped in a 4.0 out of a 91 expo in my 85 ranger. ever since the temp and oil pressure gauge do not work properly. they get pegged hot and high as soon as its started. i replaced the both oil pressure and coolant temp senders. i thought maybe because the block wasnt grounded and i just...
  4. issues.....lost....PLEASE HELP!!!

So I recently just rebuilt my m5r1. Everything went great. Installed new slave, clutch set, and flywheel. Got everything installed and truck doesn't want to go into gear. Rebled everything. Ran 2 reservoirs worth of fluid through it. Still won't go into gear while running. I can see the slave...
  5. transmission dilema

Ok guys and maybe gals. I need your help. So I checked my transmission fluid on day and saw that it was silver. Not a good sign. I knew I was having transmission issues. So I pulled it and cracked the case. All the gears and synchros looked good. I then thought about doing the HD swap but those...
  6. gauge issues

Ok so I finished my 4.0 swap in my ranger and everything is great. Except for my coolant temp and oil pressure gauges do not work properly. I replaced the oil pressure sensor so I know that's not the issue. Has anyone else had this problem? There is a ground strap on the passenger side that I...
  7. starting my 4.0L swap into my 85 ranger

well today i picked up a 91 explorer. got a killer deal for it. has everything i need for my ranger. i got as far as to pretty much disconnect all wiring and almost able to pull the engine. tomorrow gonna get started with the ranger and hopefully have the engine fully out and ready for the 4.0...
  8. need help making a decision

so i have been trying to find a donor vehicle for my 85 ranger and i think i found one. its a 91 explorer 4x4 manual 4.0L 145k miles. As my research as pointed me to this has the mazda Md50 5 speed. it has nice wheels with 33in tires with decent tread left. I can basically take all of the drive...
  9. 85 Ranger 2.8 swap to 4.0L

i have been trying to research and cant seem to find an answer that i am comfortable with. i have an 85 ranger 4x4 with a 2.8 and 5 speed. I want to swap in a 4.0L. when looking for a donor vehicle, would an explorer donor matter? especially with the wiring harness or is it easier to just keep...
  10. NEWBIE!!! 2.8 issures...NEED HELP!!!

new guy here!!! so i picked up a cheap 85 ranger 4x4 for a project. when i bought it, the truck would start up and run while constantly giving it a little gas to keep it stable. absolutely NO power what so ever. ive been tinkering with it here and there. the guy i bought it from said he might...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad