• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. !!Autozone 2wd Coil Spring lower balljoint ball joint!!

If you're ever needing to do your ball joints and have coil spring front suspension (IIRC 98+ 2WD, possibly 4WD too I dunno) then the Duralast lifetime lower ball joints (with the grease fitting) DO NOT FIT. Well, they fit - as in, they press in, and it looks like it would fit, but the rubber...
  2. Upper Ball Joints on 1998 2wd - must replace control arm??!!

My upper and lower ball joints are just about completely worn out. Most of the boots are missing and they're squeeking - I squirted some chain lube in to get me through until the weekend. I went to autozone last night and bought the upper and lower ball joints. I'm now reading that on a 98...
  3. Squeaking when turning?

This is on a 98 Ranger - I hear a squeaking noise whenever I turn the wheel.. Very similar to when turning the wheel while sitting in a parking deck. It's slowly gotten worse over the past few weeks - I assume it's the upper shock mount possibly? Any idea if this is something I can get at...
  4. Flickering tail lights? (already replaced brake switch)

I see this on a lot of fords - it's hard to describe, but when you're slowing to a stop if you let go of the brake pedal the slightest bit the brake lights turn off. This sounds ok, but since you have to modulate the pedal while you're braking it ends up looking like you're completely letting...
  5. Axle gearing and engine 'rattle' questions

I have a 98 ranger with the 4 cylinder. I paid $100 for a set of tires/wheels from a lincoln aviator and gave away my stock wheels w/ worn out tires. Since I very rarely drove the truck (I rode a motorcycle most of the time..) the horrid gearing didn't really bother me much. However, I've...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad