• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rxinhed

Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

The unit bearing will support the truck load without a CV shaft going through it...CV carries no load. The statement about parking creep is true, found my Mountaineer about 300 feet away from the parking space, twice. However, if your t-case is already suffering a "non-slipping" viscous...
  2. rxinhed

Cars? What do you drive?

I'm still using my '97 Mountaineer as my daily. With the AWD transfer-case renewed, I'm no longer at the whim of 2wd traction loss. Freddie is a blast with lock-to-lock snow brodies in parking lots. Bumper is off while I add some tow hooks sourced from an Expedition. Stereo upgrades are pending...
  3. rxinhed

10 Years Since My Last Sign On

At the time, I was looking for a replacement to my Dodge Raider...was contemplating a 2006 FX4 Level II with a service body, lift, and 33" tires. Summarily laid off in the real estate crash, that plan was drastically changed... Thanks for the welcome back. :)
  4. rxinhed

10 Years Since My Last Sign On

Good evening to the Group. I have continued to get birthday wished from TRS over the last decade and I have finally returned to site with a Blue Oval product. Since new, I have liked my uncle's 1997 Mountaineer, and was gifted the vehicle last July. I have going through the neglect and problems...
  5. rxinhed

Ranger 4x4 / FX4 Offroad / FX4 Level II

What are the basic differences between the low to high model range Rangers from 2001 to 2006? I'm sure the mechanicals are the same, save for LSDs and gear ratios. But what other major differences are there? I'm looking into the Ranger for my next work truck. I'm planning on a service body...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad