• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Roger

2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 Ranger 2.3 and what to do with a pile of parts...

A few years ago, my son and I swapped everything important from a 94 Explorer into his 90 Ranger. I'm left with the 2.3, 5 speed, a 1354E and a 1350M t-case, and the 4.10 geared D35 TTB. Now, I also have on hand a Chrysler rear axle from a Cherokee in 4.10 gears. I also have a disco D30 in 3.55...
  2. Roger

1350M, 1354E questions

I have had my fill of the electronic shifters. Plain and simple. I rebuilt the motor and switches a couple times on the 90 Ranger. And when we swapped the entire 94 Explorer into the Ranger frame and cab, one of the few things that inconsistently worked was the 4x4. I can't even get it to...
  3. Roger

Planning a swap, looking for gotcha's...

Planning to swap my 1990 Ranger 2.3 and manual trans 4x4 out for a 1994 Explorer 4.0 auto 4x4. This truck has had a lot done already, we swapped a 88 cab because the original was rusted badly and we got the 88 really cheap. Swapping the 90 dash assembly wasn't easy, but the rest of the body...
  4. Roger

2.3 in a B2? Anyone done this?

I have a 90 Ranger with 2.3 and 5 speed. Its likely going to be swapped out for a Explorer 4.0 and A4LD. Has anyone put a 2.3 in a B2? I don't need it as a trail monster, or a speed demon. Looking to chop the top and make it a nice weather cruiser.
  5. Roger

I can't find a brake replacement thread

Neither here or at Explorer forum. I need to replace the brake pads on my 94 Explorer and I can't find a thread showing how to work with the slide pins. I've done lots of other brakes but never these... Pics very helpful...
  6. Roger

Coolant leak driver's side...

My son called me Friday and said his EX (4.0, A4LD, 4x4, 203,000 miles) was spitting coolant. It was dark and cold, but he thought it was coming from the left side... So we drove down today (120 miles each way), hoping it was just a hose or some such. No such luck. It seems to be leaking right...
  7. Roger

Need 2002 F150 wiring diagram...

2002 F150 Supercrew. Power window switch has issues. My wife rolled the drivers window down today, and it stayed down. Not good. All other windows work just fine, the locks work fine and the power mirrors are fine too. Switch is a module that doesn't make a great deal of sense. But the...
  8. Roger

Decided to step back into the light...

What I have here is a 1990 Ranger, 2.3, 5 speed, 4x4 with 4.10s. Well, I'll show a pic of the Warthog in the garage. This truck hasn't been moved much in the last year and I'm a bit tired of seeing it just sit. But it isn't in the garage. But I also have a bunch of other projects. I started...
  9. Roger

Waggy 44 to 5 lug

Who has done it? I read the short info in the Library, but would like a little more info from someone thats been hands on with it. Despite my D30 swap (still moving forward with because I have it all on hand), I MIGHT be getting a 88 waggy 44. As I've stated before, with the D30 swap, I'll...
  10. Roger

D35 drive flanges?

Does anyone make or offer drive flanges to replace the autohubs and manual locking hubs for the D35?:icon_idea: I'm asking because I'm going to swap my Ranger's locking hubs into the replacement Explorer with one dead autohub. As for the flanges? A couple choices. I might be getting a B2...
  11. Roger

DUmb foglight question

The EX I bought has the factory foglights, but they are busted and unusable. I want to replace them and was wondering what others have used in the factory under bumper location that is guarded.
  12. Roger

Rear Driveshaft Ujoint Q?

Even though the rear driveline project is months away, I have some questions. First, what I am looking to do. I have a Chrysler 8.25 rear axle, I got it for free... But it is marginally weaker than a D44, but substantially stronger than the 7.5 in the rear of my 90 Ranger. Question 1. WHAT...
  13. Roger

Stock Ranger leaf length

If someone had some Ranger leaf springs lying around, I could use some measurements. Eye to eye and center to front eye and to rear eye... Thanks! I know if I were to use Chevy 1/2 ton springs, I need to move my front spring mounts forward 6". But, I'm curious. I was given some Toyota...
  14. Roger

Cougar 3.8 to swap into my 2.3 Ranger

Just to get it out of the way, WHY do I want to do this swap? Because I can get the whole running 91 Cougar for FREE! Thats why! And no, I don't need a car at this point so I'm stripping and scrapping the rest. So the motor and electroncis are from a 91, the Ranger is a 1990 regular, regular...
  15. Roger

Not finished, but getting there

In fact, its very close to being done. So, here is what we started with. 1990 Ranger 4x4. 2.3, 5 speed and electric Tcase. Bought it with 6" early Skyjacker kit, fiberglass front fenders and 31s on 15x10s. We replaced the Skyjacker kit with a Tuff Country set of brackets and extended radius...
  16. Roger

Extended brake hoses

Reading through the TRS library about extended brake hoses, and the bottom entry from "Bob" has two part numbers. Raybestos BH 38622 BH 38623 These cross over to Autozone's Brakeware numbers: 70053 70054 These hoses are 26" long and replace the original front hoses. Now I need to cut...
  17. Roger

I'm probably an idiot, but need help

We've been taking our time, and its been like 9 months of this project. What was supposed to be a simple cab swap turned into an ordeal of near epic proportions. First off, the idiot part, we didn't tag or bag ANYTHING!;missingteeth;:nono: Was supposed to be easy, right. Well, we used an 88...
  18. Roger

Motor mounts are a pain!

:temper::temper::temper: So, we decided to build something different... As stated we don't want to go through the PAIN of chainging stock 2.3 style mounts ever again. So after looking at builds online, I decided to build some bushing style mounts. Sort of like this... Only...
  19. Roger

F250 shock tower upgrade

Pulling the trigger on this upgrade.:icon_hornsup: Re-read the how-to again and see it mentions bracing the backside of the coil bucket but no pictures. This is going on my 90 Ranger, with 6" Skyjacker (too stiff) springs and Tuff Country brackets and extended radius arms. I measured for 28"...
  20. Roger

90 dash to a 88 cab swap

Man, this has been no fun. 2 holes at the windshield sort of match, the driverside lower DOES match. But the passenger side does not, needs a bracket made (already finished...). Spent the last few days making all manner of brackets and other ideas towards making the dash fit, but finally...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad