• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. hutch

2.3L ('83-'97) 1995 starting issues

I have 95 2.3l manual ranger. I have been dealing with some starting issues over the last year. The truck starts up fine most of the time but every once in a while it will just crank over and over and not start. This seems to happen mostly if I turn the key and it starts to crank but I dont hold...
  2. hutch

Starting Issues

I have a 1995 2.3l that is giving me some starting issues. When I turn the key I hear the starter motor spin but the truck does not crank over at all. I had the battery tested at walmart and it came back good. I had autozone test the starter and they said it came back good as well. They even...
  3. hutch

1995 Ranger starting issues

I have a '95 ranger 2.3l with a manual transmission. When I turn my key to start my ranger, it clicks once and then nothing. No cranking or anything else. (Back story if it helps at all)... Last weekend I tried to teach my friend how to drive manual. After a few stalls the clutch pedal had no...
  4. hutch

interchanging heads

will a cylinder head from a 2000 ranger fit my 1993?
  5. hutch

shock valving

looking for some suggestions on what shim stack i should run on my front shocks. i have 2.0 14" swayaways with a 300/400 spring rate. its a 1993 ranger. just wanna get an idea so i have somewhere to start.
  6. hutch

started my build

im starting my prerunner build and thouhgt i'd throw up the progress so far threat motor sports equal length beam kit 5" over 14" sway aways 300/400 spring rate front done close up on the front rear has deaver g50 race pack and 16" F-O-A i just finished installing everything. it...
  7. hutch

body lift question

i know i've seen it somewhere but i cant seem to find the thread. will a body lift off a regular cab ranger work on an extra cab?
  8. hutch

failed emmisions..help

i went to get my truck tested today and i failed the evaporative system part of the inspection. it passed everything else. any ideas of what could of cause the problem and tests i can do to figure out exactly what it is?
  9. hutch

bent or extended beams?

would bent or extended beams be better for a mild prerunner thats still gunna be my dd? i was looking at autofabs bent beams but today i saw a listing on craigslist that threat motorsports was having a sale on extended beams. either way would be about the same price now. i have heard nothing but...
  10. hutch

head gasket?

for the past couple days i've noticed a knocking sound whenever i accelerate. its usually only really noticable at higher speeds (above 40mph). its been running a little hot lately. i had a coolant leak from the lower radiator hose about a week ago. i replaced the hose and it hasn't leaked badly...
  11. hutch

is it the alternator

the past 2 days the battery charge on my truck has been reading lower and lower. my dad told me to test the alternator by starting the truck then pulling off the positive terminal from the battery. he said if the truck died then it is the alternator. i tried it and the truck did die immediately...
  12. hutch

newby showin off his truck

just got my body lift on and wanted to show off a little bit stock new tire with leveling coil on one side of cab with the body lift on before body lift after body lift rare time that it rains in phoenix arizona AND i found some mud! another muddy pic my hoods not black...
  13. hutch

is it the master cylinder?

i put bigger tires on my truck and took it out for a test drive and it was working fine. the block before i got home i tested the brakes and was pushing down hard on the pedal. they were working then but as soon as i pulled into my driveway i lost all pressure in the pedal. i opened the hood and...
  14. hutch

broken bolts...need help

i noticed a small coolant leak coming from the bottom of the water pump. i tore it all apart and found that 2 bolts on the bottom that hold the water pump to the block were broken off with none of the bolt sticking out. it looks like the previous owner had put some jb weld or something over the...
  15. hutch

will 91 trans word on my 93

im looking to swap a manual transmission for my auto trans since its going bad. will the trans out of a 91 work for my 93? the donor truck im looking at has the same v6 3.0l engine and is 2wd as is my current ranger.
  16. hutch

what to do

so the transmission(a4ld) in my ranger is slipping and im debtaing if it is worth trying to fix or if i should sell it and look at financing a newer ranger. i really believe in having a truck that i built rather than one that i bought but im not sure if its really worth it at this point. im also...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad