• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. salanw1

What happens when...????

Okay, so I bought a '96 B2300 w/2.3L 5spd 8 plug set up from a guy who is a heavy truck mechanic at a big Ford dealer ship. I got it at a good price so wasn't concerned with a few 'performance' issues. But, they have increased to the point that I was getting various codes along with idling...
  2. salanw1

Shift motor replacement question

Okay, finally got around to fixing my 4wd. Found the diagnostic page in the tech library and got it down to a frozen shift motor. Got a new Dorman from Advance Auto for $70 after a coupon discount, but when I got back under the truck to finish the swap realized it was missing 3 wires. After a...
  3. salanw1

Will I regret swapping my WARN lockouts back to the autos?

When I got my truck I had to do a bunch of front end work to it among which I went ahead and replaced the factory auto lockouts for a set of Warn manual ones. Now I don't do off road per say other than when work requires and for hunting so nothing radical. 2 things I notice people talk about in...
  4. salanw1

Stereo installed, having issues

I just installed a JVC stereo from another car, where it worked fine, to my Ranger. Printed off the schematic from here so I had all the color codes and such(why couldn't Ford stick to a more universal color code on their audio, lol) then wired up my pig-tail. Stereo only has the one ground wire...
  5. salanw1

another new member with another '93 Ranger 4x4

I had to laugh when I came to this section to post up my first thread and saw matticus420's thread. I too have a Red standard cab, long bed 93 Ranger 4x4 w/4.0L Auto. Anyway I am in the KCMO area and picked this truck up on the cheap but have had to put more into it than I wanted. Partly because...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad