• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. grips

How Strong Is The BW T5

I am running a Borg Warner T5 in one of my v8 Rangers. In the past I usted to tow a few heavy trailers with the Ranger( then still 4.0l). Will the T5 behind the 302 last doing the same job? I know you guys see a T5 as a weak box. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145665
  2. grips

302 Down On Power

Well completed my Second v8 Ranger a while ago. The 302 feel down on power and I am sure the 4.0l OHC pulled stronger in fifth gear. When I push is to about 100mph in 4th gear selecting 5th it will start losing momentum till it reach about 85mph. It will maintain 85 at full throttle. The...
  3. grips

MSD Atomic EFI

Anybody tried MSD Atomic EFI on a V8??
  4. grips

High under hood temp

My 347 Ranger is running with high under hood temps. Wrapped the branches which was a huge improvement. It sometimes runs rough when under hood temps rise. No overheating issues on the engine temp stays at 80deg C. When the fan comes on it blows exstream hot air over the engine. Pusher fan in...
  5. grips

The only one in SA

Yip the Ford Ranger is also marketed in South Africa with way different suspensions and engines. We did have the 4.0l till a few years back. I stumbled apon this very rare imported LH drive 1995 Ranger Super Cab with a blown engine. So my 347 SFA was born...
  6. grips

Ranger no 2

Yes it is time to build Ranger no 2. My 2004 Super Cab 4.0l broke a timing tensioner. Right hand side valves ruined. I have decided to fit a mildly tuned 351w and a Borg Warner T5 to get the advantage of an overdrive. Also got a C6 with NP 208 but is afraid of revs running to high in top with...
  7. grips

American Muscle In South Africa.

As American trucks are quite scarce in South Africa, I have always longed for one. I own two 4.0l v6 South African Rangers and is a die hard Ford fan. Came across an 95 Super Cab with a blown engine and decided to build the ultimate Ranger. The Ranger when I bought it.
  8. grips

South African Ranger

I am from Sunny South Africa and enjoy your forum for quite a while. Currently I am busy building a 95 Ranger. It sports a 347 stroker with all the smart goodies. As parts for American vehicles is quite scarce here in SA a lot has to be imported. I installed Dana diffs from an F250 as well as...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad