• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AllBlackBimmer

Truck died on me :(

Truck died on me :( - UPDATED 2004 xlt 4.0 69k auto Today all is well... Then I go to leave the gym, normal drive, and as I'm slowing down for a redlight... My truck dies on me! No dash lights. I tried to restart it... Cranks, starts, sputters, and dies again within 10 secs of really rough...
  2. AllBlackBimmer

Cheapest alternator?

I am trading my truck in, but before I do, I need to replace my alternator, since mine was smoking the other day after driving. I want the cheapest working alternator just to work, don't dare about longevity obviously. Needs to work with a 2004 4.0 engine... What are my options? I think I can...
  3. AllBlackBimmer

Getting my trans rebuilt - ?'s

I've gotten good feedback on this site for numerous things, so here goes: I am getting my transmission rebuild.... 5r55e transmission. (04 XLT 4x4 4.0 automatic, only had 68,000 miles) 1.) In-theory, if re-built "well" there long term life of a re-built trans should be no different than a new...
  4. AllBlackBimmer

Need Urgent advice - Transmission

2004 XLT 4x4 Automatic, with 68,000 miles. Only have owned 2 months and do not know full service history. Last Friday, my O/D light was blinking and shifting hard, and then shut it off. Let it sit, and about 2 hours later the trans was slipping (I believe from 2nd to 3rd gear) on the highway...
  5. AllBlackBimmer

Tonneau Cover help/questions

Posted this on another ranger forum, but looking to get as many answers as I can, so: I have 2 different questions regarding my Tonneau cover... It is obviously an ARE, but I cannot figure out what "model" it is... The little badge on the underside is more like a "vin number" and doesn't have...
  6. AllBlackBimmer

Body lift question?

I posted this on another forum, but I am trying to get as many and varied answers as I can... so.. Today (after owning my truck for 3 weeks) a guy I work with told me I have a body lift, and not a suspension lift... In all honesty I didn't really know when I bought the truck since the...
  7. AllBlackBimmer

Mud flaps?

I have a '04 supercab xlt. I'm looking for some front (who cares about the rear ha) mud flaps that are a direct fit. I don't want to have to trim them, and I want them to fit nicely. I prefer the harder plastic ones but would consider the rubber ones. I've looked into the diy flaps, but I...
  8. AllBlackBimmer

Spray paint or undercoat?

I bought my ranger 3 weeks ago. Previous owner sprayed painted much of the underside of the truck with what I thought was undercoating. Today when washing my truck (all the salt and crap) and using a car wash high pressure gun, when spraying out the wheel wells it started flaking off in some...
  9. AllBlackBimmer

Battery maintenance question

OK, since my ranger has now become my daily driver I recently purchased a CTEK 3300 Battery charger/maintainer to use on my other car since it is now sitting a lot... and it has been COLD here as of lately, and when I went to start my car the day, it barely started. I've had my ranger for about...
  10. AllBlackBimmer

Engine hesitation while cursing

So this morning it was very cold and snowing... I don't think that is the cause of my issue, but am just noting it. I get on the highway and am driving slow due to the conditions... about 30-40mph in 2wd. At this point, I have already been on the road for 10-15 mins and my engine was at normal...
  11. AllBlackBimmer

Preventing rust... Before it starts

Just got an '04 supercab.... Paint looks good, no real rust, and the previous owner under coated and sprayed a lot of areas of the truck. However, everyone knows fords have rust issues at the bottom of the doors, cab corners, tailgates.. I'm mostly concerned about my cab corners and doors...
  12. AllBlackBimmer

Help with front turn signals

So I just bought a new (new to me) '04 xlt... The truck has some aftermarket mods and lighting. I know NOTHING when it comes to electrical and or lights (other than replacing bulbs) My problem is this: When putting on my turn signals... Instead of the front corner Amber part flashy, my...
  13. AllBlackBimmer

Testing 4x4

I'm checking out a Ranger tomorrow :headbang: Located in the northeast, so it's cold.... But no snow. I want to test both 4x4 lo and hi... How can I properly do this on dry roads without causing driveline damage? I know you are not supposed to use 4x4 on non-slippery roads or it can cause...
  14. AllBlackBimmer

Build sheet / "window sticker"

After going over a year ranger-less, I'm finally looking to get back into one! I'm trying to find a website where I can enter the truck VIN and find the factory build sheet and/or a copy of the window sticker when the truck was new. 1ftzr45e44pa37980 <that is the VIN of the truck I'm looking...
  15. AllBlackBimmer

coolant system - Help needed!

--- posted this on another ranger forum too to help get more varied answers---- ok firstly - can someone please explain in good detail or provide links, disgrams, etc on how exactly the cooling system works? this would me graetly. But OK -here goes: Drove my truck home from work yesterday -...
  16. AllBlackBimmer

engine temp up and down?

(I posted this on another ranger website too, but am trying to get as much info about this as possible) Was driving to work this morning - about a 15 min. drive, and noticed my engine temp. gauge was going up and down... About a week ago, my oil pressure gauge was reading really high - I am...
  17. AllBlackBimmer

Where do buy parts?

I just bought a '93 XLT 4x4 Ranger and need to buy some parts for it... I have a NAPA and autozone in my town, along with a Ford dealer, and a bunch of locally owned garages. Where do you guys buy parts at? Locally or online? Finding parts for a 19 year old truck sometimes is not easy...
  18. AllBlackBimmer

bought a '93, help?

bought a 1993 Ranger EXT cad, 4x4 with the 4.0 V6 in it. 5 spd manual, manual locking hubs, 126,000 miles on it. The truck runs OK, it seems to lack some low end power. I bought some MAF cleaner and plan on doing that, and have noted that my plugs and wires look as old as the engine - no way...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad