• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. On the fence...

I've been loyal to my 2000 Ranger for 18 years. But the years and the miles have caught up to her. She still runs but she just isn't dependable anymore. If I keep her she either needs a engine rebuild or a swap. My job keeps me on the road 26 days out of the month. I bit the bullet and bought a...
  2. 2000 Ford Ranger Charging issue???

So yesterday my truck didn't want to start, I popped the hood jiggled the wires at the battery and started right up. When I went to leave work last night my battery was dead I got a jump disconnected the jumper cables and let the truck run for about 15 minutes before starting my 30 minute drive...
  3. 2000 Ford ranger cranks and turns over but won't run?

2000 Ford ranger 4x4 began idling rough and died at stop sign, in 107 degree heat (ambient temp) not engine temp. 4.0 OHV cranks and turns over but will not run. I've replaced fuel pump relay, and fuel pump. Need help.
  4. Panel retainer clip problems

Hey guys I pulled most of interior out and re insulated/did some sound proofing on my 2000 ranger last year but several of the replacement retainer clips I bought aren't retaining the rear interior door panels anymore. I was wondering if this is a common problem and if there are possibly a...
  5. Off Road Package Lift???

My 2000 Ranger came with the Off Road Package 2 inch factory lift and I'm looking into putting anouther 4 inches of lift in it this year. So my questions are 1. what kind of lift is the factory lift ie: suspension, torsion bar, or body? and when it comes to lifting it would I be better off...
  6. renovating 2000 4x4 ext cab ranger

2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0 with a 2" lift My dad and I have been selling this truck back and forth to each other for 15 years now and the last time my dad was the owner my brother, sister, and my dads mechanic buddy caused some serious issues; blown heads, wiring harness is jerry rigged all to...
  7. 4.0 engine swap

I have a 2000 4x4 auto tranny ranger with a bad motor, and a 94 4x4 manual explorer with a bad body. I would like to swap the motors but I'm not sure what I will need or where to look. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Several Problems???

Okay So I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 and the Off-road package. So a brief rundown of history I am the second owner. I purchased the truck from my father sold it back to him and then bought it back a couple years ago. The truck has had a coolant leak for years, that I've never been...
  9. Mystery Oil leak?

I have been noticing an oil leak for the past few months it started out very small and I honestly wasn't overly concerned about it. But then one day when I got home from work I noticed the Oil leak had grown exponentially since I had left that morning. I replaced all my gaskets from the head...
  10. Door adjustment??

Hey everyone I know its been a couple years but I finally decided to get back to work on my Ranger and the first thing on my list is fixing my doors. For some reason they arent closing correctly and its causing my dome light to stay on and drain the battery. The previous owner tried to adjust...
  11. opinions please!!

i recently started having trouble with my 2000 ford ranger it isnt accelerating properly, idling erratically, and tries to die on my from time to time ive done a tune up replaced my filters, oil, plugs, O2 sensors the only thing else coming to mind is the eec or egr valves but would like a 2nd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad