• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Danni84

Electronic Regulator

Just a quick question: We did the duraspark conv on my 84 ranger and finally got it running (two bad connections, connected just not well) however the alt is not charging the battery. The mech says its probably the regulator. My question is were we supposed to take that off? My husband and I had...
  2. Danni84

Issues with spark on my Dura spark

Hey guys, I'm back. I cannot get spark on my duraspark conversion that I have done on my 84 ranger with the 2.8. it does not make sense to me, because I have started it before, and now I have no spark. The coil is good, and I have power to the coil when key on, it is hot. The only time i get...
  3. Danni84

Duraspark conversion on a rebuilt 2.8 help

Hey guys, my head is about to explode from doing this duraspark conversion on my 84 ranger with the 2.8. I bought a new distributor, coil, ignition module, and duraspark plugs to make my own harness as I could not find a doner vehicle to salvage any parts from. I have properly built my own...
  4. Danni84

2.8 Rebuild

So I looked all over the forum for a post about this and couldn't find one. So here goes: Tomorrow Im going to pick up a used 2.8 to rebuild and drop in my '84 (my current motor is blowing oil clear back to the rear axle). We have done a 70's 392v8 before but this will be our first newer engine...
  5. Danni84

Flatbed ?s

Im wanting to put a flatbed on my '84 but I am concerned about the weight. A buddy and I have been drawing plans and it seems like a lot of steel to put on such a small truck. There arent many out there to reference and non of the pics in the forum show up. Just looking for some ideas on a...
  6. Danni84

'88 BRONCO 2.9 in '84 RANGER

Ok so I have a 1988 BII 4x4 with a 2.9 and a 5 speed that is pushing 250,000 miles (Just wont die). And I also have a newly acquired 1984 Ranger 4x4, 2.8, 4 speed with a poorly maintained 105,000 miles on it. They are both absolutely gutless but, the hubby has always wanted to drop a 351w in his...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad