• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Finding front wheel bearing nuts ...

(truck is a 94 4x4) I have manual hubs ... with the smooth perfectly round wheel bearings nut from the auto hubs. Makes it impossible to properly torque the bearings. I went to Ford ... they don't make the manual nuts anymore. Called around, and responses were either "oh no we can't have that"...
  2. Rusted ... fix or ditch?

All you southern sunbelt guys need not apply. You will not even comprehend the pictures I'm about to post.:stop: Here's a general view of the truck. Just has a 1" spacer up front to counter the weight of the winch. A look at the tailgate ... Left bedside ... Inner rear fender Right...
  3. Solid steel wheels???

I can't recall ever seeing full steel wheels (either 15 or 16") ... Like this (sorry ... Jeep content :fie: ) do similar wheels exist for the Ranger? Where could I find them?
  4. Actual lift of Superlift 5.5 on a 94 XCab?

Just out of curiosity ... how much actual lift will some superlift 5.5 spring yield on a 94 4x4 Supercab with a 100lbs winch up front? And possibly dual batteries as well. I ask since most agree the 6" Skyjacker is actually only a 4.5" on the Super cabs ... Thx
  5. 4" lift shocks on non-lifted truck?

Here's the deal. I plan on lifting my truck soon enough ... no more than 4" though. But I desperately need new shocks ... like right now. What would happen if I were to get shocks designed for a 4" lift, and run them on my stock truck during the winter, until I get a lift? Will I slam into...
  6. Sputtering when throttle applied ... what gives?

truck is a '94 4.0L, 130k mi, 4x4 if that makes any difference. I also swapped to a manual transmission a couple months ago, and I did swap the ecu as well. Coming back from work (15min), it started sputtering towards the end of the drive. It would sputter if more than 1/4 throttle was applied...
  7. wiring a 3 prong illuminated switch?

Ok, I suck at the electricalzity. I'm wiring up a back-up light, basic 55W little light. All is in place, grounded properly with stupid large wire for the juice it will be carrying. I got this neat little rocker switch, illuminated. Looks just like this, with an extra O and I. Really clean...
  8. SAS cost?

yeah, the D30 under jeeps, my bad. Wheeling is mostly mud and sand, with a bit of rocky terrain. And a bit of road too. Tires ... thinking 33-35. More sounds overkill for what I do, definitely no more than 37", ever. Stock width for sure too. We have too tight wood trails for FW. To be honest...
  9. SAS cost?

Oddly enough, a search didn't bring a single result ... My truck is stock, and I realize that the suspension improvement I want is close to 2000$ (IE 4-6" lift with extended radius arms). Quite a chunk of change, that will not solve my issues with the TTB (mostly wheel bearing issues). So I...
  10. Carpet and water?

Ok ... let's be clear from the start, yes I wanna have my cake and eat it too. I want the comfort and sound-deadening of a carpet, but I don't want the soaking of carpet. We have a lot of water out in the trails around here ... and unevitably, my carpet soaks up the water (even worse when I...
  11. Winch mounting ... front? rear?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I need to re-do my winch mount, as it's just not sturdy enough. It sits up front. To improve weight distribution, I was thinking of putting the 100lbs of winch in the back. But winching from the back? The only downside I see is if I had to climb a greasy slope...
  12. First post-transmission swap little ride ...

I have spent the last few weeks performing an A4LD to M5OD surgery on my Ranger, and couldn't wait to take it out on the trails. Today was a beautiful day to go wheelin' ... so we did. One of many waterholes Another one ... Wheelin' buddy and his Liberty. Jesus doing some water riding...
  13. Help me identify this groan/squeak!

I've had an odd squeaking sound for a while now, and can't see where it's from. It's very noticeable at slow speeds, it cycles with the wheel, and has a low pitch. Kinda like groaning, but squeaking. If that makes any sense! LOL I first thought it was a front wheel bearing, but they're just...
  14. To change the core support or not ...

So my core support is rusty/rusting/rotted, especially around the body mounts. You can kinda see it in this pic ... Some local guy has one for 140$ ... haven't asked if it's new or used. Thing is ... why should I change it? I can't spend 10$ (let alone 140$) if I don't see the point. And...
  15. Anyone running 9.00R16 tires?

A quick search didn't come up with any results ... so I ask! Isn't anyone running military tires 9.00R16? They are a tad large at 36", but skinny enough to work really really well and tuck with more ease than 12.5" wide boggers. Something like Michelin XZL or XL? Pic courtesy of Google, these...
  16. Lower gearing options?

So what are the options for someone who would want more gearing out of a thus far stock Ranger 4.0? TC ratio is 2.48 to 1 or something like that. I'd rather up that to 4 to 1. Can I re-gear the TC? Change it altogether? Doubler? Which makes the most sense? Easiest? Most reliable?
  17. Connecting clutch line to clutch slave?

Is there a trick to this? I got a new clutch kit, including the slave, am re-using the old line and male connector. I just spent 15 minutes trying to get it to snap, to no avail. I don't even think it goes in enough to snap anyways. I really wouldn't want to break the female connector on the...
  18. 1354 different for auto and manual?

This is the weirdest problem ever. I just swapped my old A4LD auto for an M5OD, both 4x4 obviously. I'm reusing my transfer case since I know for sure it works ... but it won't fit! Everything lines up perfectly, slides on the shaft smoothly ... but there is a tiny gap (maybe 1/16, less than...
  19. How much free W?

I'm planning on putting some extra lights, and was wondering how many is too many? 2x130W? 4x100W? How much can the stock alternator (95amps, if I'm not mistaken) take in addition to normal running current?
  20. Rust in kick panel corner ...

I just removed my carpet today and noticed this. Ugh. What should I do? I know diddly squat about body work ... I really do not want to cut/weld a new bit in place.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad