• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger SuperCab with "Flip Out" side windows?

I did some googling and researching, but could not find out if any of the "4-door"(suicide style) SuperCab Rangers also had the "flip out" rear side windows? And if a SuperCab (with or with out the extra doors) could be converted from "fixed window" to "flip out windows" on the side. (I...
  2. Steering Column Swap with Wheel

Well.... I have a 2001 Ranger that is pretty basic for an XLT...no power windows or locks...not even a tilt steering wheel!!!! So I can deal with the locks and windows with an alarm install...BUT the truck has 200kmiles, the ignition is worn out to the point to where I can pull the key out in...
  3. Where to run 4 gauge or bigger wire through the firewall?

Just wondering where you all have run your "big" power wires for your amps? I am not a fan of running the power wire under the cab so I want to go through the firewall, and was hoping someone might clue me in if there was an unused grommet or something hiding like there are on many different...
  4. Wheel/tire Thread

Yet another Mustang Rimed Ranger 2001 Ranger Stock height for now... plan on either just axle flip or explorer axle for rear, then the full DJM kit for the front. Wheels 16x8 94-04 (I think) Mustang...no spacers or adapters needed, even hub centric. With 225-60/16 tires. Cant wait to get...
  5. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

Thanks a ton on the info...some reason I didnt get notified via email. Yeah...I was kinda afraid of what was said about the rear spacing being a bit goofy....I was hoping to go with the newer wheels, just to get to a 17" Mustang wheel that I like. I am looking at others...want to stay...
  6. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

Thanks...yeah...I knew I wasnt doing anything spectacular with those Stang wheels, but for $100 with decent tires...cant really complain...better than the stock rusting steels...but just dying for an altitude adjustment. Looking at the DJM kits and just cant pull the trigger for close to a...
  7. Customized Stock Shifter for '01 5speed?

Ok, I did some searching and didnt find anything close to what I am thinking of/wanting/needing to do in my 2001 Ranger with a 5speed M5OD(I think its stock at least) and a 2.3l motor. I have an Extended cab and well...the Steering wheel is non tilt... So I have to slide the seat pretty far...
  8. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

Since I got your attention, do you know if these will bolt up direct? I have a pair of 1" adapters(the other pair went on the front of my dad's 91 when I put some 05+ wheels on it...the front hubs didnt clear, but the back did...just needed to get good rubber on it to pass safety). But...
  9. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

I have popped the hood on the truck once since I got, just to check fluids..lol. It was owned last by a head mechanic at a dealership...so I am fairly confident in it...same dealership it was bought from and serviced at...so I have ALL the records, and even the window sticker...lol. Will have...
  10. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

Thanks for the info!!! I had seen several of you other posts, but like I said, I wasnt sure any new info had come to light, or if other "tricks" had been discovered. ...and yes I do have the 2.3...from what I understand the 2001 was a split year, some trucks had the Lima some had the Duratec...
  11. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

OH....knew I forgot something else, what about a rear sway bar? Any particular years or mods needed to get them done? Thanks.....
  12. 2001 Ranger Explorer Disc Brake Swap Questions...again..

Ok, I searched, and I found alot of good info on swapping a Disc Brake Explorer axle into my truck to lower it... Problem is I still have some questions so...hear we go...I think we all can agree my truck needs an altitude adjustment..... :icon_bounceblue: Width, I have seen a couple...
  13. Im back too...sorta..hopefully...

Heh, I have largely been a lurker, exploiting all the great info here back when I had my Dad's old '91 Ranger that I had big plans for, but life got in the way and sadly lost the truck(along with a house and alot more...long sad story). My Dad's old truck with some Mustang rims I picked up just...
  14. 1991 Ranger V8 Swap in St. Charles, Missouri...Legal?

I know...I hate to ask, but I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me *for sure* if it is legal to swap a V8 into my 1991 Ranger 2WD in St. Charles County(and City) in Eastern Missouri as of 6-1-2015. No Emissions testing for that year, but there is a Safety Inspection. It is...
  15. 1991 V8 Swap in Eastern/Mid Missouri

Hey all, Title says most of it. I have a 1991 Ranger with a dead 4 banger and a 5-speed stick(also AC delete, though I will eventually want to add A/C). Would like to put a stock EFI 5.0 with automatic OD trans. Well stock for now, eventally will hot rod it.... I am not new to wrenching...
  16. For the millionth time, will these Mustang Rims fit on my truck?...

Sorry for having to do this, but I have been searching most of the day and have come up with some conflicting information. I have a 1991 Ranger 2wd and would like to put some 2005 mustang rims(Wheel Part Number: 3792C) on it. From what I can tell I will need spacers, but have also read that...
  17. 91 XLT looking for some "upgrades"

Hello all. First off, thanks for the great site. I've been lurking since I inherited my late father's 1991 Ranger XLT longbed with the 2.3...A/C delete. Ironically, the truck "died" as soon as I got it to my house from my father's; about an hour and a half drive. Its got around 155,xxx miles...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad