• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rebel167us

How to remove my 4ALD

Hey guys! My front pump seal blew and my Haynes manual doesn't give a detailed description of removing my transmission without pictures. Im more a visual guy. I'd like some info on where I can find an' article on detailed information to remove/install it. I've never done this before and have...
  2. rebel167us

Front Main Seal went kaput

How hard is it to replace the front main seal on the 4ALD? Its only like 5bucks for the seal, but what would I need? I was driving with two 4-wheelers/quads in the bed of my supercab and white smoke started pouring out from under the truck. I pulled over, I could see tranny fluid dripping onto...
  3. rebel167us

Another Wiper issue

My wipers work fine. Should I say.. Wiper. The linkage fell off the main wiper and I don't know how to get the little clip/bushing off. Anyone have this problem? How would I go about getting a new clip/bushing on?
  4. rebel167us

MAP/MAF sensor

Hey guys, I've been having some rough trouble with my truck. It doesn't want to start unless I give it some gas and it'll hesitate and stall when I'm driving. Like, it'll run fine for abit and then it'll hesitate and sputter and die. Its getting old quick.:bawling: Alot of people have told me...
  5. rebel167us

Help!!!! I'm Lost in the gauges

I am' at a loss at what to do. On my truck, the Tach reads Waaaay below Zero when it idles, when under acceleration it'll go to Zero. The Fuel Gauge is starting to act up. I filled it up today and it read half a tank when I went down a steep hil, but went back to 1/4th when I leveled out...
  6. rebel167us

5.0 into 88' Ranger

Hey guys! I'm just farting around with the Idea of a EFI 302 5.0 in my 88' Ranger. What would I have to do exactly and what would it cost roughly? My idea is to have a complete Engine and 5-speed trans, ECM, Disc brake rear end from a 86'-93' Mustang. What works and how 'easy' is it? It'd be a...
  7. rebel167us

Tach not working!!!?!?!?

I noticed this morning that my Tach doesn't work.. It does but doesn't. Like, the needle rests waay below the Zero and it acts all weird when I'm driving. I replaced the IAC the other day to help with what I thought was the problem. And it "The Tach" Started acting weird. The CEL doesn't come...
  8. rebel167us

Braking Bonkers

Okay! I got my Ranger running, tabed and insured. Now that its Legal for the road.. :icon_confused: I've run into a problem. When I drive, my truck pulls to the right. Sometimes it'll go severely to the Right, but when I push the brakes, it'll pull to the Left. Sometimes it'll track straight...
  9. rebel167us

This Truck Looks Slick!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-Kind-Showroom-New-Lifted-Show-Truck-Must-See-/200717956270?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ebbb8f4ae Just thought I'd share. If the link is broke, just look on the Ranger section of eBay. I'd sooo drive this!
  10. rebel167us

Is something broken?

Hey guys. I was driving around the other day and I noticed that my Parking lights don't work at all. But they work when the headlight switch is pulled all the way out. Headlights, Turn Signals, Reverse, Parking Lights and License plate lights work when the switch is pulled all the way out. Could...
  11. rebel167us

10" or 12" Sub?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a good and reliable system up and going. It'll be in my 88' SuperCab Ranger. Right now, Everything is stock but this is what I'm thinking of running Pioneer CD player with iPod hookup. 300 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp. 10" Pioneer Sub with its own box, or 12"...
  12. rebel167us

Premium Sound

Hey guys. How do I know if my truck has Premium Sound or not? Was on Crutchfield trying to look up what I want. I got a' 88' Supercab XLT.
  13. rebel167us

A Turbo'd 2.9 Is it worth it?

So, I have my tax return burning a hole in my pocket. a whole 480. I'm wanting more Power. Would it be sensible to Turbo my 2.9, or just try to find a good 2.3 and Turbo that? Or.. just deal with what I have and go with a decent cat-back exhaust and a cold-air intake? :thefinger:
  14. rebel167us

Muscle Car/Torq Thrust wheels on a Ranger?

Hey Ya'll! I had a curious question. I was looking at some rims the other day, and I was wondering, what rims will fit my truck? 1988 Ranger. I was thinking of the old school Hailbrand Mags, Torq Thrust D's or similar AR Mags. Something even as far out as a set of Turbine's like off the...
  15. rebel167us

Fuel Filter Location

Okay guys, I have been looking under my truck all morning and I couldn't find the fuel filter. I did, however find this little door/cover-looking thing, I couldn't see behind it but from what I Can see, it apears to be a fuel pump. I Could be wrong??? Oh, my Ranger has Dual Tanks. I have been...
  16. rebel167us

Tailgate Cables

Okay guys, I have a question and the Ford Dealership here doesn't want to investigate. My 88' Ranger doesn't have functioning Tailgate Cables. They're split in half, looks like due to rusting out. My Question is, could I use tailgate cables from a later year Ranger? 93-97 that are at the parts...
  17. rebel167us

1988 Ford Ranger Colors

:icon_bounceblue:I found this brochure on eBay and I thought I'd share the colors. Raven Black Bright Canyon Red Light Chesnut Clearcoat Metallic Bright Regatta Blue Clearcoat Metallic Colonial White Light Chesnut Silver Clearcoat Clearcoat Metallic Alpine Green Clearcoat Metallic Dark Canyon...
  18. rebel167us

High Idle, IAC Bad?

Hey guys! I was fiddling around with my truck the other day. I replaced the Dist Cap and Rotor. and Spark Plug Wires. It was running insanely High before I replaced the parts. I'd say about 1800RPM. Now its between 1200-1500. Tomarrow I'm changing the spark plugs btw. I'm hoping it helps a...
  19. rebel167us

Help! SOS pad scratches in/on paint?

I noticed this morning that I have a Lot of scratches on my truck. It looks as if someone took an' SOS pad to the paint and ran it along the sides to get dirt off. When the truck is wet, you can't see the scratches. Is there a way to get the scratches Out without having to sand down the entire...
  20. rebel167us

Imports aren't the cause of our dying hobby. RICERS are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzQ9TGUebM I thought I'd share this with you guys n' gals. Maybe together, we can stop RICERS. If the link doesn't work let me know. Or, go to YouTube and type in: What is a Ricer? What is a Ricekiller? Enjoy!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad