• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A4LD Blues

Hi all, don't post here much but I've learned a ton from you guys. I have a 1988 Ranger, Std cab, 2wd, long bed, 2.9, auto. I'm suffering through the slow death of my A4LD. Lost OD about a year ago, and now it slips, and sometimes stalls out in reverse. This is a good old truck, too good to give...
  2. 88 Ranger 2wd Auto

88 2wd Ranger XLT, 2.9, Auto (A4LD) Std cab Long bed. 209K on chassis, approx 95K on a used 2.9 that I just installed. Post engine change: Transmission will no longer shift 3-4, or OD. Also not getting TQ converter lockup. It is throwing codes 86 & 89. Plenty of fluid, runs great, simply doesn't...
  3. 2.9 start issue. sorry long winded

Hi, long-time lurker, first time poster. 88 Ranger 2wd long bed, 2.9 auto, 210k, of which I'm responsible for the last 70k or so. Original motor developed a casatrophic coolant leak and has been replaced with serviceable used motor, alleged to be about 95k. No real issues when we put the motor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad