• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front end squeaking

(Might have posted this in the wrong thread the 1st time so I'm reposting it here)* I have had a squeaking noise coming from the front end of my 99 ranger for quite sometime now but it has recently gotten worse and I want to get it fix but not quite sure what it is. At first I thought it would...
  2. Ball bearings

Okay so I'm working on replacing my 99 Rangers CV joint on the drive shaft. I've got it apart and am almost ready to put it back together but I can't get the ball bearings back inside the transfer case. I've ordered a new joint but I was trying to use the old bearings. Any ideas? Thanks
  3. Drive shaft cv joint

Alright so the other day I noticed my front drive shaft cv joint was spiting grease everywhere. I was in the process of replacing it today and notice that everything looks okay and nothing seems to be broken. The boot is intact and has no cracks or holes in it. The boot was sticking out of the...
  4. Rear end gears

I am currently running 265/75-R16 Goodyear wrangler duratrac tires on my 99 4.0 ranger 4x4. I have the stock 4.10 gears and fear that they may be going out. They hit really hard when shifting. I was wondering what yall think about putting 4.56 gears in with my tire size. Is 4.56 gears too much...
  5. Check Engine Light

Vehicle is a 99 ranger 4.0. i have a obd2 read and it is giving a P0171 code which is "system too lean (bank 1)" I have replaced all plugs, wires and coil pack. plugs were gaped at about .055. recently installed k&n cold air intake. any ideas about why it is still giving me this code? YES, i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad