• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. PhdNPrerunners

Mustang Cruise Switches

Does anyone know if cruise control switches from a 96-04 mustang will work on a 2001 ranger? Both steering wheels look to be the same shape but the mustang switches are hard plastic instead of the soft rubber like the ranger ones are.
  2. PhdNPrerunners

4r55e TC keeps unlocking in OD

On my 96 ranger the TC keeps unlocking in over drive when I'm in between the speeds 60-70 mph. Anyone have an idea on what could cause this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  3. PhdNPrerunners

Which year is a better plateform for a V8 swap?

Sorry if this has been answered a lot but I am just wondering what year is the best for a V8 swap? I currently have a 96 but it seems like the many are doing V8 swaps to the ibeam trucks. Thanks
  4. PhdNPrerunners

4R55E Shifting Question

I have a 96 4.0 ranger that the trans was rebuilt about 30k miles ago. When I drive normal it will shift from 1st to 2nd hard but when I am on the gas hard it will shift fine. Also when I am coming to stop I can feel it down shift into first pretty hard. I checked the trans fluid which is at...
  5. PhdNPrerunners

92 Explorer RPM Gauge Stuck

On my buddies 92 auto explorer his rpm gauge is stuck at 3k rpms and barely moves once he is driving around. How can this be fixed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  6. PhdNPrerunners

01+ Headlights on a 93-97 front end

I came across a picture of a 93-97 ranger that had 01+ headlights on the original front end and I was wondering how it is done. I have a set of 01 headlights my friend gave me and would really like to put them on my truck. Here is a pic of the truck
  7. PhdNPrerunners

My new 96 Ranger DD/Project

I went out to California with my buddy to pickup a prerunner explorer that he had just bought. While we were out there I came across a 96 Ranger 4x4 4.0 5spd that was for sale for $1200. I had been looking for a ext cab 4x4 4.0 manual for a long time but all the ones around here were over...
  8. PhdNPrerunners

RBV that came with 4.10 gears stock

What RBV came with dana 35 410 gears from the factory? I am looking for the whole front pumpkin cause I just put in a 8.8 with 410 gears and I would like to have 4wd back. Thanks guys
  9. PhdNPrerunners

03 Airbag in a 96

Here in Texas my truck won't pass inspection cause I took out my airbag and sold it. My buddy has an airbag out of an 03 and I was wondering will the airbag bolt up to the wheel but I don't want to plug in the airbag?
  10. PhdNPrerunners

Removing the front drive shaft

Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to 4x4 rangers. How hard its it to take out the front drive shaft? I recently just had a new rear axle put in the rear of my truck that has 4.10 gears in it and my front has 3.73 gears and I dont want to mess up the 4wd system. Does it just unbolt? Thanks
  11. PhdNPrerunners

Rebuild or SOHC swap

I am thinking of getting my 96 4.0 rebuilt cause it seems a little sluggish. The previous owner said it was rebuilt 56k miles ago but I don't believe her cause she had no proof. Do you guys think it would be worth it to rebuild it or swap in a sohc 4.0? The previous owner also swapped the rear...
  12. PhdNPrerunners

How to tell if a 4.0 has been rebuilt

I just picked up my 96 4.0 4x4 5spd for 900. The lady I got it from said that it had 55k miles on the rebuilt motor and tranny but she didnt have proof cause the previous owner lost the papers. It did manage to make it 1700 mile trip from California to Texas and averaged 21 mpg the whole time...
  13. PhdNPrerunners

Part attached to passenger side inner fender liner

What is the part called that is attached to the inner fender liner on the passenger side and what does it do? The truck is a 96 4.0 4x4. Thanks guys
  14. PhdNPrerunners

Airbag light on, want it off

I recently took the airbag out of my 96 ranger and I was wondering is there anyway I can get the airbag light to turn off? Is there a bulb in the cluster that I can just remove? Thanks guys
  15. PhdNPrerunners

Removed the airbag now no cruise, help

Hey guys I have a 96 ford ranger that I took the airbag out of cause I off road the truck a lot and dont want it to go off in my face. Now that I took the airbag out my cruise control doesnt work. I know I need the airbag module for the crusie to work but is there anyway I can get an airbag...
  16. PhdNPrerunners

Picking up a 93 Explorer with front end damage.

I am looking at pickup a 93 4x4 explorer with some front end damage. The guy rear ended someone and it messed up the passenger fender, hood, lights and grille. He said the radiator got pushed back but it isnt leaking. Do you guys think it will need a new header panel or can the one on there now...
  17. PhdNPrerunners

I need help my truck keeps getting hot!

So about a week ago I got my sub and amp hooked up in my truck and on the way home my check gauge light came on cause the temp was hot. Now everytime I drive the truck it always goes hot and I have the run the heater to cool it down. When I drive on the freeway and have the radio off it runs...
  18. PhdNPrerunners

Need your guys opinions

Im looking at a 2000 ranger 4.0 auto that has 157k miles on it. Im not really worried about the motor cause I had a 4.0 that had 230k on it but I am worried about the tranny. The guy is asking 4000 for it and its full loaded. What do you guys think i should do? If the tranny shifts good would...
  19. PhdNPrerunners

Changing the seats out of an 07

My friend whats to get new seats for his truck but he is worried what will happen if he unplugs the sensor under the seat. Does anyone know?
  20. PhdNPrerunners

3.27 to 4.10s Will it be drastic change?

Hey guys my truck came stock with 3.27 gears and i found a 8.8 with 4.10s that im getting ready to swap into my truck. Right now im running 31's and I just wanted to know from people that have 31s with 4.10 if there truck is alot more peppier cause right now my truck is so slow? Thanks guys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad