• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted Transmission Extension Housing

I need the housing that connects the tranny to the transfer case for 1998 4.0 4X4. I just need the tail housing.
  2. Wanted Manual 4x4 Transmission for 4.0L

Yeah, it was easy to get out. Lol
  3. Wanted Manual 4x4 Transmission for 4.0L

Yes, it’s the tail. How much you want for yours? Shipping zip would be 76039.
  4. Wanted Manual 4x4 Transmission for 4.0L

Ok, let me get it out of the truck tomorrow morning and we’ll go from there
  5. Wanted Manual 4x4 Transmission for 4.0L

Honestly, I wasn’t sure if you could just replace the tail housing and unsure of the entire damage. How much would you want for the tail housing? I will look better tomorrow to make sure that all the damage I see.
  6. Wanted Manual 4x4 Transmission for 4.0L

Need one ASAP. Prefer if close enough to pick up. Sons tranny cracked the tail end and needs to be replaced as whole.
  7. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

That I am not sure....was hoping someone with experience would be able to guide me. lol
  8. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

I hear you. I have let him drive it a couple of days now. Only on side roads and nothing too far. No issues since though. Kind of sounds like the same noise we had for the year before the clutch gave out. So I kind of went with your theory that maybe it just has some rattle to it.
  9. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

Ok, so I had a good chance to get out to the truck today. There is a slight rattle(wouldnt notice if I wasnt trying to hear EVERYTHING right now) when it is in neutral whether the clutch is engaged or not. The rattle is worse(something I would say is not normal when clutch disengaged(pedal...
  10. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

I will check the noise tomorrow again and when it stops. I don't think it's a loose bolt only bc we used a torque wrench to ensure they were properly tightened. Thank you for the response and I will check the noise in the morning.
  11. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

I hear you, but I really do feel like the rattle sounds like it's out of the bell housing area. Could that be the input shaft rattling?
  12. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

Ok fellas. So we got the clutch replaced and it went well for about 2 weeks. I think the cheap rockauto clutch set I think bit me and the slave cylinder shot out the line. Thank goodness he made it home before it did. Now, we have replaced it with a Lūk self-adjusting clutch pressure plate...
  13. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

Okay so I tried my best without a video to show you the play. The one without my finger is how it just sits in there regularly and then the one with my finger in the picture is me pulling up on it. Hopefully this gives you guys a good idea of how much play is in there. Again I really appreciate...
  14. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

Yes, there was definitely an issue with the clutch. The spline part in the middle of the clutch disc, spins freely. So therefore it couldn't have been applying any power. So I know the clutch is going to be replaced and should get us back on the road, I am just a little concerned about the...
  15. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

I have a video of the input shaft play, but can't upload bc it's too large. Ugh. Sorry guys.
  16. 1998 4.0 manual transmission question/advice

Ok fellas. So I bought my son a 1998 4.0 with a 5 speed manual and 4x4. So it has had some noise coming from the tranny/clutch since getting the truck. Since the noise is when the trucks in neutral and based on engine speed, I was guessing input shaft. Now, 2 weeks ago the tranny stops...
  17. Wanted M50D-R1 HD

So, it is a 4.0l and 4x4. I am aware they won't work on the other engines. I appreciate that info. While we are still working on removing the tranny, I am pretty sure it's not the clutch as I do have experience with that issue AND there was already a concern about the input shaft prior to this...
  18. Wanted M50D-R1 HD

So Sunday was wonderful. My son calls me on the way to church to tell me his transmission has just stopped giving power. Luckily he was just a few short blocks away from a buddy's house and they were able to push it to his house to park it. We have now officially got it to our house and are...
  19. Mazda M50D-R1 Question

Lol.....thank you guys. I knew it couldn't just be simple for me. Lol.
  20. Mazda M50D-R1 Question

Thank you

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad