• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4x4 SAS swap help

i have a 1997 ranger xlt 2wd 2.3L 5 speed. i love my truck so rather than buy a new one i'd like to possibly make mine cooler. im wanting 4x4 and a sas would be awesome. i figured i could put a ford 8.8 in the back unless that doesnt work idk. my question is what transfer case front axle combos...
  2. using 302 fuel injectors?

i was reading online and i found a site about upgrading the 2.3. in the fuel injection section it talked about using bigger fuel injectors. i have a manifold with the fuel rail and injectors still on it from a 302. i believe theyre supposed to be 19 lb/hr and my stock ones are either 14 or 15 i...
  3. what size spacers do i need?

i found a set of 17x8 bullitt mustang gt wheels of an 06. i have a 97 ranger 2wd so i was wondering what spacers i would need so that i can put the center caps on the front. i want to use spacers on all four corners so that all the wheels are equally spaced out too. thanks!
  4. intake baffle thing

how the hell are you supposed to get it out? i got it like half way out but the inner piece is bigger than the hole it has to go through. do i have to break it or what? thanks
  5. 2wd to 4x4 conversion questions

so i have a 97 ranger 2.3 5 speed. i've been toying with the idea of converting it to a solid front axle 4x4. my main questions would be what axles choices would i have up front? coil spring or leaf spring? what transmission and transfer case combo? thanks
  6. need help with some frame repair

i have a 97 ranger xlt 2.3 5 speed 2wd. i discovered some holes in the frame around the drivers side front leaf spring mount. i was told that its a 2 section frame and you can just replace the rear have with a good frame section but i cant see any split in the frame anywhere where it would come...
  7. bored out 2.3 or maybe a stroker?

so im thinkin about building my engine with 30 over, new cam, and rebuilt and port and polish head. im seeing on here that if you take the crank, rods, and pistons from a 2.5 then you can stroke the 2.3? so if i did the bore what would i need from the 2.5 to make the 2.3 a stroker? thanks guys
  8. need a rebuild kit for my m5od-r1

I have a 97 ranger 2wd 5 speed and its at 162k and getting hard to shift in some gears so I'm looking for a rebuild kit. Looking for one that comes with all the seals and bearings and synchros. Any help would be great
  9. how good are the dim dream beams?

I'm planning on doing an 8.8 axle swap which will lower my rear and so I need something to lower the front and I'm looking at the djm 3 inch dream beams. Anybody have any experience with these? How do you guys like them? Thanks!
  10. 8.8 axle swap question

so I have a 97 ranger 2.3 5 speed with a 7.5 rear axle. I'm looking into upgrading it to an 8.8. From what I've read I've learned that I have to cut the spring pads because the 7.5 has a soa axle and apparently the 8.8 has a spring under. My question is can I mount the 8.8 over the springs and...
  11. can I change my cluster?

I have a 97 ranger xlt 2.3l 5 speed and the cluster I have doesn't have a tach. Can I buy a cluster from a junkyard that has a tach and just hook up the connectors and it'll work?
  12. what Locker should I get??

I have a 97 2.3 5 speed 2wd and I want to put a locker in it. Not a full locker...one that will allow the wheels to move at different speeds around turns to avoid skipping... Old what would be best
  13. t top ranger??

Anybody ever put t tops in a ranger? How would I do this?
  14. trying to upgrade my radio

so my stock radio broke in my 97 ranger and I decided this would be a good time to upgrade. I want a full screen with the USB and ipod hookups and a GPS. I can't afford to buy a new unit so I'm looking on craigslist for used ones. I found a couple that look good but idk if they'll fit. Where can...
  15. fox seats in my ranger

will 87-93 mustang seats bolt right in to my 97 ranger short cab?
  16. lowering knuckles?

where can I find lowering knuckles/spindles for a 97 ranger 2.3l 2wd?
  17. benefits of regearing?

I have a 97 anger xlt 2wd 2.3l 5 speed. I always hear ppl talking about regearing the rear end in their cars/trucks but idk what it does. Could I benefit from doing this to my truck?
  18. switching from pedal parking brake to a handle?

anybody ever messed around with the idea of converting to a hand parking brake? i plan on taking out the bench seat i have in my 97 ranger and putting in two bucket seats. i feel like moving the parking brake to the center would gibe the inside of a truck a really good/unique look. so anybody...
  19. switching from a pedal parking brake to a handle?

anybody ever messed around with the idea of converting to a hand parking brake? i plan on taking out the bench seat i have in my 97 ranger and putting in two bucket seats. i feel like moving the parking brake to the center would gibe the inside of a truck a really good/unique look. so anybody...
  20. looking for a lowering/leveling kit

i have a 97 ranger xlt 2.3 2wd stepside bed. im looking for a complete kit to lower and level. not looking to slam it just a couple inches maybe like 3 or 4 in the front and then wutever i need in the back to make it level. thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad