• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 SOHC troubles

My wife's 4.0 SOHC died today. Last week it stranded her too, but when I got there it started right up and I wasn't able to determine cause. A little background: last winter CEL throws up a code, misfiring on bank 1. Wouldn't start, but it was 30 below. It was getting gas to the fuel rail...
  2. 98 SOHC running badly when cold

1998 Exploder, SOHC. In the cold, it fires right up, revs up to 1500, then down to about 600, if it doesn't die at this point, it'll kick up to 1500 again and back down to 600. Usually it dies somewhere in this roller coaster of RPM's. Once warmed up, it runs just fine - acceleration is great...
  3. Brake light help please!

My 93 Ranger is giving me some problems. All of the sudden today, I see none of my brake lights are working, including the third one. Wiring is all uncut and stock. The other functions of the tail lights work fine. I replaced the bulbs and the switch on the brake pedal. I've replaced the fuses...
  4. 93-97 Fog light question

Hello, if you have a 93-97 ranger with the factory fog lights, would you mind posting pics of the switch in the cab and also how the fog lights mount? I would like to put a factory fog light look to my new Ranger, but can't seem to find any info on it. Lights and valence seem easy enough to...
  5. new 93 ranger for me

Well, it's been a rough past year for my trucks. I had a 99 Ranger 4x4 3.0 that had, unknown to me, been in a bad accident before I bought it. When I had the transmission out, I saw that the motor mount on the block had been snapped off. Not the mount itself, but the actual part of the block...
  6. Locking in auto hubs permanently

Hello, since my 99 Ranger died and I just had my second baby, finances are tight and I replaced it with a 91 Exploder. It has the auto hubs, which of course don't work. I read the article on cleaning the grease out and putting ATF in there and plan on trying that. My question is, if I find...
  7. stubborn axle bearing

Hey all, I am trying to remove an axle bearing from a rear end of a Cherokee. It has the bearings in the axle tube, not on the shaft. I am using a big slide hammer, but it still won't come. Any suggestions? Thanks! ________ medical marijuana states
  8. Interesting piece of Ford memorabilia...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/741757235.html ________ Honda 2RC146
  9. 7.5 rear end - 10" drums

7.5 rear end - 10" drums So I'm doing the brakes on my 99 4x4 Ranger yesterday... Found out I have the 10" brakes on the 7.5 axle. My understanding was that all 7.5 axles have the 9" brakes - apparently not! Talk about frustration! I already painted my new drums and of course opened the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad