• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. PonyUp

TPS on 89 BRII & Fuel Line 90 BRII

Does the replacement of a TPS on a 1989 BRII 2,9 need a "relearn" process? I had a transmission rebuild done and it has issues going into 3rd gear? When I have to slow down on a hill/curve down to 35-40 and then try to accelerate back up while going up a gentle hill, it "lunges" several times...
  2. PonyUp

Oil Gauge wonky. Sensor or Sending Unit?

Hello again to All of you Teachers/Great people. I have a 1989 2.9 Eddie Bauer 4WD. My oil gauge is wonky as it zig zags up and down or it may be fine in the middle until it does it again. Most of the time is zigs zag now. No weird engine noises. I do not have a oil pressure gauge and I am...
  3. PonyUp

Transmission or something else?

I had my tranny rebuilt and it still is not shifting properly. First it was the 14-18 MPH range. If I was moving along and car was slowing down due to a curve or turn, it would hesitate going back into gear when I accelerated. Vacuum modulator? was changed and then it did it at 36-45 MPH...
  4. PonyUp

New Alternator Problems

Need serious help with Alternator. I have a 1989 BR 2, 2.9, 4 WD, Auto Trans, Eddie Bauer. Alternator went out. Had a shop replace alternator and my RPMs, Battery gauge were off when I got it back. Took it to someone else and they tested it saying battery is good but voltage drops from 14 to 12...
  5. PonyUp

1990 BRII Auto 4WD Cam??

Good day to all. I have a 1990 BR II 4WD Auto Lock Hubs Dana 25. I am having big time issues. First...In image I found online (AutoZone site), the parts between Hub and Cam assembly are not matching up to the way it was all put together on the BR II I am working on. I am also having issues...
  6. PonyUp

Are parts interchangable between 88 and 89 BRII?

It may seem to be a silly question as well as far fetched but I would like to know if parts from a 89 BRII can be used on a 88 BRII. 89 was a Eddie Bauer and the 88 I am looking at I know is not a Eddie Bauer though I am not sure if it is a XLT. 89 was totaled in a wreck and I am looking at a...
  7. PonyUp

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

:icon_confused: Hello to all. I have a 1986 Ford Bronco II. Woohoo! Unfortunately it caught on fire due to some leaves in the heater core. Waaa! Insurance Co. totaled it and I bought it back. That was 6 years ago and it has been sitting ever since. I did start it a few times and it ran...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad