• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Jayford

Will gears swap over?

Hey everyone couldn't really find an exact answer so i decided to see if anyone will know. I just did an 8.8 swap on my ranger, the only problem is it has 4.56 gears in it and im only running 31's so its a little too much. i have the stock 3.55 gears out of my 2002 f-150 from doing a 4.56 swap...
  2. Jayford

Two computers are better than one

well after much frustration of getting the truck to start, and the computer telling me nothing was wrong i had had enough and wanted to experiment. i had been looking over wiring diagrams and nothing was out of place. the only problem was lack of spark. the newer computers have the ignition in...
  3. Jayford

crankshaft position sensor problem

well its been almost half a week now and its driving me crazy. i have swapped from a 2.3 to a 4.0 and still can't get it to start. the engine is from a 1994 and my truck is a 95. i have used a wiring harness from an 95 and the computer is from a 98 which works fine. the only problem is it wont...
  4. Jayford

camshaft synchronizer tool

does anyone have pictures of this? ive gone to 3 autopart stores and even the dealer ship with no luck. i dont want to buy it i just need to see which way it holds it into place for when i am putting it back in thanks.
  5. Jayford

93' 5.0 swap

well its already completed but what the heck. it used to have a 4.0 auto in it, it has a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body. has 33" tires and of course a 1984 302 i think is the year.
  6. Jayford

Computer Calibration Code

Got a big favor to ask. I need the calibration code from a 1995 4.0 liter thats either an automatic or manual. there are about 12 different options to choose from and i dont know which one to get. the sticker looks like thisand is found on the door jam: its the numbers on the bottom left. i...
  7. Jayford

95' computer

is this the main computer i need when doing my 4.0 swap? it is located on the upper left part of the firewall, and i doubt it but can the one from a 2.3L be used for the 4.0. thanks
  8. Jayford

95' clutch location

just wondering if anyone could describe to me or show me a picture of where the clutch comes through the fire wall. i see on the older models there is a plate that looks like it can be removed that holds the brake booster on it too but cant see where it would be on my 95'. i'm converting my...
  9. Jayford

wiring choices 4.0 swap

i had a question about which wiring style i should use the 94' 4.0 harness i have uses the round and rectangle plugs on the firewall and the 95' 2.3 connectors are three square plugs. i want to know if it would be possible to convert the 4.0 plugs into the squares or the other way around. if i...
  10. Jayford

My 95' 4.0L swap

Well its been about two weeks since ive started this project. blew a head gasket on the 2.3 in it and i have another ranger laying around so thought it would be a good project. the donor truck is a 94 supercab 4x4. so far i have replaced the 7.5 rear end with an 8.8, 3" body lift and put the...
  11. Jayford

driveshaft swap

i know this is a transmission thread but there isn't one for driveshafts so i thought it would fit best in here. I was wondering if anyone had done this or if it could be done; i have a regular cab ranger 4x4 and was wondering if the slip-yoke shaft from a supercab ranger could be used on a...
  12. Jayford

4.0 fuel tank

quick question i'm doing a 4.0 swap, and i have the 4.0 fuel tank from a supercab ranger and i was wondering if it will fit onto a my ranger that is a regular cab?
  13. Jayford

Hey everyone

My name is Jay and ive been on this site from time to time reading some of the articles but never registered so i finally gave in. I own a 1995 ranger that i am in the process of swapping it out to a 4.0. im also a member on ford truck world with the same user name.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad