• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9L Swap wont Start

I just finished a swap from a 87 2.9L in to a 90 2.9L I Changed out all the sensors on the top 1/2 of the intake and TB to the 90 intake/TB, put the 90 alternator on it, Put the 90 fuel rail and injectors on it. But it just cranks. I left the 87 distributor on it (w/ 90 Cap and rotor). I am...
  2. Torque specs for flywheel and caps

I am putting a used 2.9L in to my truck, before I do it I want to pull the oil pan and do the main bearing as well I need to put my fly wheel on it so I can butt it up to my auto. so I was woundering if some on may have a link to Torque specs for Flywheel, the crank caps, along with any other...
  3. Hard Shifting out of 2nd

I have a 90 Auto 2.9L Ranger that when the tranny is warm It shifts very Hard between 2nd and 3rd some times at a high rpm. when it is cold it is fine. also it goes in to R very hard as well?? I went to a tranny shop and they told me I need a rebuild at $1700 does any one have any other insight??
  4. Swapping a 87 5speed into a 90 auto

I am looking at putting a 5 speed out of a 87 bronco in to my 90 Ranger. If I do it I will have a parts truck but will it all bolt up or is there fab work involved?:icon_welder: I see the front Drive Shaft coming up in question alot?? but if I have a parts truck does it matter
  5. Mexican Quad Cab importable?

Has any one imported or looked in to importing a 4 door Ranger from Mexico?? I am in Canada but the importing info is about the same. if any one could fill me in on some info that would be great. This truck would sure make family life easier
  6. Swapping a 2.9 to a 4.0?? The Stronger motor?

I have a Dead 90 2.9L Ranger auto that I am not sure if I should repair or replace with another 2.9L or if I should do a 4.0L. I went to a large number of wreaker looking for a good 2.9L there responce was there was there is no such thing as a good 2.9L and I should go with a 4.0L. I can but a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad