• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Broken Passenger Side Spring Mount...

Hello! Was driving home the other day and hit a small chuck hole and bam! Broke the spring mount on the passenger side almost flipping the truck in the process. Good thing I kept her out of the cabbage, with the rubber side down. Anyway, I just ordered a new mount from Tasca Parts and was...
  2. 1991 Ranger Broken Fuel Tank Strap...

Hello! Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace a broken fuel tank strap on a 1991 Ford Ranger 114 wheelbase? It is the rear strap that is broken and they are pretty cheap at the auto parts store. My question is, do I need to completely drop the tank? The tank is completely full right...
  3. 1983 Ranger Bad Transmission...

Hello all! I am looking to buy a near immaculate 2.8 V6 1983 Ford Ranger. It has an automatic transmission that is acting up according to the owner. My question is, would it be worth fixing up if I could get the truck for $1000? The truck does not shift into 3rd or have reverse at the...
  4. Haul motorcycle in the bed or get a small trailer?

Hi, I was wondering if it would be easier on a 91 2.3 5 speed ranger to pull two dirt bikes (roughly 210lbs each in the bed) or on a small trailer like this one? http://www.sportutilitytrailers.com/ Which would I notice more weight/less power? I could fit everything I need in the bed of the...
  5. F150 4.6 4X4 vs Ranger 4.0 SOHC

Hello! I was wondering if you guys could help me out here with a towing/hauling question. Please take any regards to gas mileage completely out of the question. Do you think a newer 06+ 4.0 (3.73) Ranger could out haul a newer 04-08 F150 4.6 12V 4X4 (3.55 gears)? It is obvious that the F150...
  6. KBB Cannot Help, 1988 Ranger Asking Price?

What is a fair asking price for a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.0 4cyl 5 speed? I understand pictures would help greatly but I cannot get them right now. Anyway the truck body is in rough shape and most of the panels have rotted out on the bottom of them. The frame and components are solid however and...
  7. 2.0 2bbl reliability...

Hi, How reliable is the Ford Ranger 2.0 engine? Mine is an 1988 model and it runs good and currently has 112K miles. It seems to have a slick knock coming from the engine but it is barely noticeable and has gotten quieter since switching to 10w-30 oil weight. Let me know. Thanks. :headbang:
  8. Uniroyal Liberator AT'S P225/70R-14 Tires...

Would I have any trouble with clearances placing these size tires on my stock 1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 2WD 5 Speed truck? Right now it has P215/70R-14's and I would like to go a size bigger. If you are running these tires please let me know how they perform. :icon_twisted:
  9. Towing with an older 1991 2.3 5 speed...

Hi, Just curious to how well the 2.3 tows a light load. I am looking at putting two dirt bikes in the bed of the truck (7 foot bed) and about 75lbs of gear. In total this should weight about 520lbs in the bed of the truck. There will be two people in the single cab that wight about 200lbs...
  10. How fast do the 2.3 Ranger's go?

I usually hate to ask top speed questions but I am curious. How fast can you get out of an older 2.3 4cyl 5 speed Ford Ranger? The most I had one up to (1991 model) is past the 85mph (with no load) speedometer but it couldn't be much past that and it took forever to get up to that fast! Let...
  11. The power difference 2.0 2bbl vs older 2.3 fuel injected...

Hello people! New to this forum. I just recently acquired a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.0 2bbl 5 speed to go along with my ever so trusty 1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 5 speed. I tell you what that 2.0 has no power at all, I though my 2.3 was bad until I drove the 2.0. My question is, will I be able to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad