• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 Frame swap

I have a 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 that has a bad frame. I want to swap the frame out and I found a 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 at our local alvage yard. The only difference I saw was that the one in the yard has a 3.0 liter motor versus mine which has the 4.0 liter engine (with engine dampner connected to...
  2. 1998 Ranger 4.0L 6 Cyl Engine Rebuild

Has anyone rebuilt an Engine for a PITA 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 XLT 4.0 Liter/6 Cylinder yet? I have checked around and it seems they don't have rebuild kits but they will sell you an engine instead. Couple sites so far - http://www.heatautomotive.com/?gclid=CNqcxfu3-5oCFSUSswodsGueeg and...
  3. 1998 Ranger SAS Project

Ok. This looks like a good place to post the progress on my 1998 Ranger SAS. First off.....the 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 hates to be lifted....you might as well save the money on the lift and replace your front end.....well I'm in the middle of doing so now. I'm planning on doing a Coil Spring SAS...
  4. 1998 Ranger 4X4 SAS - Just started

Although being new to the forum I have browsed for information doing research on how to go about a SAS on my 98 Ranger truck. After about 3 months of research, buying parts and a few Engineering headaches I finally decided to go ahead and do it. It's about 75% complete now using a solid axle...
  5. Hubs on 98 4X4

Does anyone know why FORD (in their right mind) put a plastic holder on the hubs. If you do it real EZ you can pry the plastic that snaps on to the back of you wheel bearing assembly. The hole thing pops right out. I did mine and noticed that 3 of the 4 plastic pieces that hold the hub togeher...
  6. Live Axle???

When in 2WD on my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 4L V6 the front axle turns. Is this what they mean by a "Live Axle Setup"? Everything works fine....I'm just curious about the term.
  7. Newbie to Forum from Florida

I've had my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 4L V6 for years. Glad to join the Forum now that I have placed a 4" lift on her from Superlift. The most frustrating thing about this particular Ranger is that Ford engineers sat around, got drunk and decided to change most of the crap underneath making it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad