• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.8broncoII

mafs compatability

i have a 98 4.0 and i went to the junk yard to see if i could find a mafs and all the ones a pulled were different. will a mafs from a 97 work? what other kinds of cars work/what motors? thanks guys dan
  2. 2.8broncoII

my 200 dollar score

1998 4.0, auto, 4x4, 111k miles. the body is in ok shape the frame has some rust on it. it did not run and the trans wont shift into reverse. there is also something up with the power steering, i think there is air in the lines or something. the abs is also acting up. if you guys want to...
  3. 2.8broncoII

brakes push back at me

98 ranger 4x4. it slows down fine. when it gets to around 3-5 mph the brake pedal pushes out all the way back and i cant push it down. 2 seconds pass then i can push it down again and come to a stop. i dont have any abs lights or dummy lights at all so im not sure where to start looking...
  4. 2.8broncoII

98 4.0 4x4 no reverse

i bought the truck for 200 bucks not running. i have it running now but the truck will not drive in reverse. the forward gears are there. im not sure where to go from here. do you guys think it needs a whole new tranny or is there anything i can try with this one to see if i can fix it? i...
  5. 2.8broncoII

98 4.0 wont stay running video included

the truck starts up and then shuts right back down. i put fresh gas in it because it had been sitting for 14 months. idk where to start? fuel filter? it seems like its not getting enough gas. http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/00blkdak/?action=view&current=100_1453.flv
  6. 2.8broncoII

toying with explorer vids. first start up in months. dial up no no

here it is, 4 inch, cut fenders, soa, 35's, other body "mods"
  7. 2.8broncoII

starter wire problem

sometimes when we go to start her truck you turn the key all the lights light up and radio turns on but the starter wont turn over. so i climb under the truck wiggle the red wire around on the starter then it will start and is fine for afew weeks. then it happens again and i fix it the same...
  8. 2.8broncoII

need help with dads truck kinda urgent

its a 98 f150 4.6 ohc ok so we had the head off to do the head gasket. we maked the timing chain up at the head and also marked the sprocket. put all the new parts in went to turn it over heard a few knocks then it stopped turning over. is there any was the timing could be off if we lined the...
  9. 2.8broncoII

result from testing new 35's

sorry no action pics but here is the aftermath from going to a pit party. the tires work so much beter than the a/t 33's and no rubbing.
  10. 2.8broncoII

battery power, wont start

we bump started girl friends truck last night. it has head lights and radio but when they key is turned to start nothing happens it just makes a click noise. do you guys think its the starter or a corroded starter wire? thanks dan
  11. 2.8broncoII

gf civic cranks but wont start

im thinking clogged fuel filter? im going to her house tommarow to look at it she drove it up to school then when she left it wouldnt start. i didint know if there were any compact car gurus on here that would be able to tell me some common problems or not but any help is appreciated. thanks dan
  12. 2.8broncoII

squeeling noise from a 2.3

my girl friend has a 2.3 1997 ranger and it makes a squeeling noise when driving. i didint think it was the belt because it would stop when the truck was moving and squeel when slowing down or at a stop light. could it be the belt tensioner or belt its self? i thought it was the brakes until i...
  13. 2.8broncoII

what body parts are interchangable between 84 and 89 rangers?

mostly im wondering about the hood and doors will they fit on the 89? thanks, dan
  14. 2.8broncoII

explorer axles to a 89 ranger

its a second gen not sure of the year. i have a lifted 94 explorer and was wondering if i could take the 8.8 i flipped on the ex and bolt it right onto the ranger? also would the front d35 bolt right on or would i need to shorten the driveshaft? would the shaft out the ex work beter then the...
  15. 2.8broncoII

before and after of my explorer

enjoy, ill get vids on out next wheelin trip dan
  16. 2.8broncoII

help need to know what this trailer is

hey guys what kind of axle set up is this on this trailer. it needs to be fixed but i dont know what it is so i cant go get parts its a single axle with beams on the side that have 2 hubs on them.
  17. 2.8broncoII

i get 4 hi but not 4 low

its a 94 explorer 4x4 auto. I hit the 4hi switch and it clicks in and works but then i hit the 4 low switch and nothing. its push button not a dial/switch. any thoughts?
  18. 2.8broncoII

help: wont stay running.

its a 2000 3.0 5speed. when i turn the key it starts right up runs for a few seconds then dies agian. i know the fuel pump is working, i can hear it priming. i hooked up our obd2 scanner and it is telling me there are no codes on the truck. I just dont understand why i drove it last night at 12...
  19. 2.8broncoII

removing concrete?

i happened to get concrete platteres all over the back 1/2 of my truck, they arent big all smaller than i dime. i was wondering if you guys knew of a product or a good way to get it off.
  20. 2.8broncoII

gas mileage. help

ok i have my 3.0 5speed ranger. getting high 20's for mileage. we recently picked up a 97 ranger 2.3 5speed with 80k miles for my girl friend. after the first tank of gas the check engine light came on and it said we had a bad 02 sensor. she is only getting right over 20's for gas mileage. i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad