• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89 ranger 4 x 4 2.3 vibration

Hello, folks, I have a rumbling vibration starting at about 35 mph, and getting worse as the speed increases. I feel it in the shifters, not in the steering. It disappears under a heavy load, such as accelerating uphill, and when I hit a bump it disappears for a split second while the truck is...
  2. noise from front hubs after reassembly

Last summer I replaced all bearings for the front axles. Afterwards, I noticed when hubs were locked in, in two wheel drive, a tugging when turning. I drove on a hard surface road, and when going around a curve, the humming got louder, then clunk. I thought something was broken, but it seems to...
  3. collapse steering shaft to shorten for delift

I have an 89 4x4 Ranger with upper u joint and lower rag joint on the intermediate steering shaft. I want to take out the 3 inch body lift, but when I lowered the body, the shaft pushed the body over. I have felt upward on the through-the-firewall shaft and can't find any extension. The lower...
  4. 88 into 89 2.9

I have an 89 4X4 stick with 2.9 in my truck, and have an 88 2.9 to swap into the 89. I know there were changes between those model years. Will I have any special problems because of the model year difference?
  5. engine dies for half a second

My 89 2.9 dies, the check engine light comes on, then the engine comes back on, probably before it has stopped revolving. This happens sometimes at idle, but mostly going down the road. It has always been easy to die when releasing the clutch, but this is different. Anybody have any ideas?
  6. 85 to 88 2.3 swap

The last engines I swapped were a small six for a big six into a '67 Chev pickup. I know a lot has changed since then, but not sure how much. My son's 88 2.3 engine in a 5 speed 4x4 is bad, and I found one from an 85 Ranger. Will that swap out without a lot of changeover? Thanks for your help.
  7. 1988 2.3 to 2.9 swap

My son's 2.3 1988 with 5 speed has gone bad. We have a decent 2.9 in another 88. It has an automatic. He'd like to swap in the 2.9. What kinds of things do we have to change besides the engine? (Been a long time since I swapped, that was a '60s small Chev 6 for a bigger 6. No computers back then.)
  8. delifting 89 ranger 4x4

Ooops, too many 4s in the thread title, and it won't let me edit. I bought a 1989 4x4 Ranger from Montana in nice shape, but the truck is too cool for an old guy like me, as a lot of 20 year old girls are chasing me. I took off the roll bar, and the sexy, wide tires, but the girls were still...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad