• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. redxlt

Tire size change and speedometer reading

I am sure there is a formula out there to use to calculate the difference in speedometer readings when one changes to a different size tire and wheel. If so what is the formula. Any good/bad things to look for when using larger tires? I currently have 15" deer hoof wheels and tires on my 88...
  2. redxlt

center caps

what are a set of center caps worth? They came off a 93 explorer. I have 4 . They are perfect. They wont fit on my Bronco so I thought I would offer them here. Just dont know what they are worth. I am checking other places for a price but havent found one yet. Tought some of you Ford geniuses...
  3. redxlt

Towing capacity

What is towing capacity of the B2 2.9 automatic? 1988 version
  4. redxlt

photos of Bronco

These are the only photos I could load of my BII. I can never get the "paste" feature to work . I dont know how these did .
  5. redxlt

Will it fit?

Will the step bars /running boards for a ranger fit the BII? It seems its easier to find ranger stuff . If not what will work. My wife has difficulty getting in the BII. Which is what I prefer but .... Also the interior of my BII is that blue striped material. Did Ford use that material on any...
  6. redxlt

fuel gauge issue

Just bougt my first BII and the fuel gauge isnt working. I read some of the posts on here and a lot of the posts talk about an access panel . Is this an access to get to the float without dropping the tank? Where is it how do I make one? Saw etc. Any pics? I guess the first thing I do is check...
  7. redxlt

New BII owner

JUst today bought my first BII. 88 xlt version with 81000 miles. It had been sitting around a few years and when driven it wasnt very many. Either way I got it and I will most likely make a lot of dumb inquiries about them since I know nothing about them. I know nothing baout the 4x4 part of...
  8. redxlt

Flip out rear window

How difficult is it to change a non flip out rear window on a BII to a flip out? I have an 88 I wouldlike to do that to. Not sure if its a one man job or not. Back glass is broken and if I have to change it I may as well get me a flip out window. Thanks
  9. redxlt

hatch wont open

I have 87 BII . The rear hatch handle spins 360. Wont open door. How do I do that to get at the latch for repair.
  10. redxlt

Front universal

How difficult would it be to change a front universal on an 88 BII? It is just starting to let its presence be known. As long as I dont engage 4WD will it be ok to wait? What happens if I dont change it? I am new to these vehicles and not sure what I need to do. I do think I should change it but...
  11. redxlt

Carburetor conversion

Is it possible to convert a 2.9 from fuel injection to carburetor? Is there a kit or do I have to salvage parts? Before you ask I dont care for fuel injection. I am a carburetor guy.
  12. redxlt

Side mirrors

Any know where I can get a generic wiring diagram for electric door mirrors. I am installing a set on my 86. Took some off a 92 Lincoln towncar.
  13. redxlt

Electric Mirrors on a GenI Ranger

Has anyone installed any electric mirrors on a GenI ranger? I have an 86 xlt and would like to do that. If so what mirror did you use? I am thinking 92-96 F150 mirrors.Those bolt on the door in 2 spots like the old mirrors do. I know there will be holes in the door but that isnt an issue. I can...
  14. redxlt

Seat track has limited movement

OK I have an extended cab XLT 1986 vintage. I just installed a set of Explorer seats in it and it was at that time I noticed it. I put my seat tracks off the original seats on the explorer seats. The drivers side seat has only about 4 inches of movement forward. This limited movement wont allow...
  15. redxlt

Engine idle adjustment

I had an engine surge issue and cleaned my IAC. Engine runs much better now except for the fact it idles around 1100 rpm. I have adjusted the screw until it bottoms out and still has high idle. How do I fix that idle down to 750 or so?
  16. redxlt

Jump seats

I took my jump seats out of my truck. I didnt like them. Is there anything I could use to cover the holes they left behind? Like carpet,plastic trim from a Ranger without jump seats or what have you. Thanks
  17. redxlt

OHC install problem

Yesterday I installed an OHC in my truck . Be aware my truck is an 1986 xlt. The test after the install checked out ok. I had a gap in the back of the console and said I would fix it today. Also I had no map lights. So this morning I started to fix this thing. I only have 1 wire at the dome...
  18. redxlt

Vehicle speed sensor

Anybody know where the speed sensor is located on an 86 ranger. I was told on the transmission. Just need to know where its at . Thanks
  19. redxlt

OHC install snag

I am installing an OHC in my 86 ranger and I have a small issue. The VSS wire . I have no connection on the GEM. The wiring diagram I have for the 86 ranger shows a grey with black stripe wire for the engine knock sensor for the 2.3 engine. Can I hook this wire someplace else? OR is there...
  20. redxlt

Alternator size

Can anyone tell me how much larger the 95 AMP alternator is as compared to the stock 60 AMP alternator. I want to change my alternator to a different because its going out on me and I may as well get one bigger. Just wondering about the space to install the thing. Its not that big bit,I am told...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad