• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1996 Ranger Tachometer Help

Ok guys i have a 1996 Ranger Splash that was a 4 cyl. I put a 1996 Ford Explorer engine with 1.7 rockers and a C-4 Tranny in it i have gotten everything to work except the Tach.Now the dash cluster came out of a 1997 V8 Explorer. I have tried all the things that everyone has told me i have...
  2. 1996 Ranger splash tach wire need help!!!

I have a 1996 ranger splash an I pulled the cluster back to find the black and yellow wire in the 8 pin connector and found that I have one 10 pin connector 1 12 pin connector and 1 16 pin connector and in the 10 pin connector I have 2 black and yellow wires so which 1 do I put in the 16 pin...
  3. Need Tachometer help on 96 splash

i have a 1996 ford ranger splash that i put a 1996 fuel injected ford explorer 5.0 in and a c-4 tranny i have everything running and working except the tach what wires do i have to re-pin to make the tach read correctly i changed the dash cluster to the explorer but it still doesnt read...
  4. 1996 Ford Explorer Dist.?

I am putting a 1996 Explorer engine in a 1996 ranger splash and the explorer engine does not have a distributor in it it has some kind of pick-up thing that goes in the hole.My question is is that thing timed or can i just drop it in the hole and it just sends a signal and if it is timed how do...
  5. 96 ranger explorer 5.0 swap pin questions

I have a 96 splash ranger I am putting a 5.0 out of a 96 explorer in. Everyone I have talked to said it will hook right up.I have the harness and computer from the explorer and I am running a c-4 trans everyone I have talked to said some of the pins might not be the same for the dash and stuff...
  6. 96 Explorer computer

Does anyone know if the computer from the 96 5.0 explorer can be tuned to a radical cam.And does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the engine wiring harness on a 96 explorer .i am tring to figure out if the harness from the engine is going to plug and play to the connector on the truck the...
  7. Explorer Cam Specifications

Does anyone know the duration and lift on a factory 96 explorer 302 with the factory gt 40 heads and intake.:icon_confused:
  8. Explorer motor cam how radical can I go?

What is the biggest cam I can go with with out running into issues with the computer?I have a 96 ranger 2wd I am putting a 5.0 96 explorer engine in with a c-4 tranny. I have the computer from the explorer and also can the explorer computer be programmed if I go bigger on the cam?Will changing...
  9. 1996 2wd v8 motor mounts

I have read so many post about what motor mounts to use what is the easiest way to do it with the max clearance.i have heard convertable mounts froma 95-96 mustang,i have heard stock explorer and all over the board.Can someone who has done it please give me details on what i am going to have to...
  10. Gtp vs gt headers

Does any one know if standard 5.0 headers will fit gtp heads off of a explorer. THANKS:icon_welder:
  11. I need some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to put a 1996 explorer engine with all the efi fuel injection i have the computer, computer harness,intake,mass air meter,and everything off the 1996 explorer.I am trying to put it all in a 1996 4 cylinder ranger splash and i need to know if the 42 pin firewall harness for the...
  12. I need help 1996 2wd ranger efi explorer ???

Hey guys I am putting a 1996 efi explorer engine in a 1996 2wd ranger splash and was wondering if the big 42 pin connector that goes from the engine harness to the ranger is just plug and play type deal or does it need to be modified.I also do not know what to do with the connector to the...
  13. 1996 efi in a 1996 ranger

Hey guys i am tring to put a 1996 efi explorer engine in my 1996 ford ranger splash that was a 4 cylinder and the question i have is.Will the 42 pin connector that goes to the ranger just plug and play with the 42 pin connector from the explorer harness and also what do i do with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad