• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Overdrive Woes!

I have an 89 b2 4x4 with a 91 4.0 in it. No check engine lights, runs fine. Here's the problem, originally I left the 2.9 torque converter on the a4ld so 55mph was ~3000rpms. I recently replaced with a new TC to match the motor, changed the fluid and filter and now overdrive only works when it...
  2. Shifting in and out of OD

So I have a 1989 B2 with a 1991 4.0 from an Explorer. Got everything wired and running. Here is my problem. Before pulling the 2.9 the a4ld shifted perfect with zero problems. Now it wants to shift in and out of OD and run at a high RPM, somewhere in the neighborhood of ~3200 for 55mph. What I...
  3. Funny RPM's?

Hey guys, long time reader here. I have an 89 b2 2.9 auto 4x4. Just recently put a new flexplate in due to the bolts stripping out on the old one. Lately I've noticed that sometimes 55mph in OD is 2000 rpms and other times its 2500. The torque converter IS locking up and its shifting through all...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad