• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. will it fit?

I have a 5 speed transmission out of a 1991 explorer with a 4.0. I have it listed for sale , a guy has a 2001 explorer with the 4.0 engine in it needs one, both vehicles are 2 wheel drive. Will my transmission work for him? I don't want to sell it to him if it won't fit his vehicle. I have...
  2. 1991 4x4 not working

I have a 1991 with a 4.0 and 5 speed with the 4x4 not engaging. I thought it was the module but I have tried 3 different ones. I am getting power to the module but when I push the reset button none of the lights have came on. That's why I was thinking the module was bad. I can't get the lights...
  3. Swap??

My brother has a 94 ranger with the 2.3 in it, the motor is shot in it. I work with a guy that has a 92 with the 2.3(with 20,000 miles) in it, will it swap into my brothers truck? They are both 2wds and 5 speeds.
  4. 94 problems

I have a 1994 Ranger 4cyl 5 speed,It is running like crap. I checked the coils it was only firing on two wires on each coil. I did some reading and everything was pointing at the icm. I changed that yesterday, now it wont hardly run at all has a strong fuel odor. I checked the coils they are...
  5. Getting hot

I have a 91 with a 4.0 I put a new set of heads on the truck. Tonight I put coolant in it and got it running. It may have ran for 60 second and I noticed smoke coming from the exhaust manifold on the passenger side..and it was very hot. Did I put the gasket on wrong?? The driver side seems fine...
  6. Will this engine work?

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and to rangers. I bought a 1991 ranger with a 4.0. It's getting water in the oil, I have found one in 1994 explorer. Will it bolt right in? Will there be wiring issues? The explorer has a 4.0 and 4x4. My ranger is also a 4x4. Thanks for any info you can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad