• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Acepilot1023

Cable broke loose?

I was taking thing valve cover off and noticed that to the right of the distributor, there are 2 cables going through the firewall, and the one closest to the distributor with the square end is broken off? I noticed a while back that my tachometer wasn't working as it had jumped back to like -7...
  2. Acepilot1023

Bolt broke off in the head

I was taking the valve cover off in my truck because I noticed it was leaking oil. Well, now I see that not only is the gasket petrified, but there is a bolt broken off in the (Right side VC) top closest corner to me. Normally, I would go and get a dremel tool to get it flat, a centerpunch...
  3. Acepilot1023

302 Engine swap into a 88 Ranger?

I am looking to swap my engine, but I would like to keep my 4x4 if I can with my existing transfer case. Any suggestions as to which one?
  4. Acepilot1023

88 Ranger 2.9L Dual Straights?

I was running this setup for a couple days, and it got progressively worse. When I revved up, when it came back down to idle, it would idle real low, and sometimes cut off. I thought it was the back pressure as it is coming out of the manifold and has a turndown right under the cab. No pressure...
  5. Acepilot1023

Rebuilding the 2.9L

I am thinking about pulling one from the junkyard and having it rebuild then swap it for the one in my ranger. Can anyone give me a price range for rebuilding it? I know I can get the core engine for 150.
  6. Acepilot1023

Crankshaft pulley or "Harmonic Balancer"

I have a 1988 4X4 V6 2.9L Ranger that I am replacing the timing cover gasket on. To take the water pump and timing cover off, I have to take off the crankshaft pulley. In the process of trying to get it off, I have broken a chip out of the pulley, 2 2-Jaw pulley puller, 2 3-Jaw pulley pullers...
  7. Acepilot1023

88 Ranger Air Conditioner

Im going to go to the junkyard and pull all the parts I need to put AC on my ranger. I know the basic parts, but would anyone be willing to tell me all the parts I need so I don't have to keep running back over there to get the missing piece?
  8. Acepilot1023

How does this setup sound?

2.9L V6 with true dual straights running through headers and an X-pipe. Ye, or neigh?
  9. Acepilot1023

1988 Ford Ranger 2.9L V6

Does anyone have an exploded view of it, or can you tell me what the part is right behind the water pump? I thought it was one big piece, but the seal between the block and the other piece is leaking coolant.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad