• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Starting and running issues

It's on a 93 f150 has the 302 in it. will fire up but when put into gear dies immediately once you get going if you step into it it will sputter and struggle if you slowly ease into it it goes up to speed. After I ran it for a bit then shut it off it flooded (could smell gas coming from the...
  2. convert a 1987 ranger from manual to auto transmission

My moms transmission went out again and I'm having trouble finding a replacement for it she's on a real limited budget. I can find an automatic transmission easier the truck is a 1987 ranger with the 2.3 and four wheel drive she lives in the boonies(so far in you can hear the banjos) any ideas...
  3. 302 build question

I have a 1983 ranger that I'm putting a 302 in. I wanted to put a 5 speed automatic behind it the 302 is from a 77 f150 custom. Is it possible? Is there one out there that is not controlled by a pcm? Sorry forgot to mention the trans need to be for a 4 wheel drive
  4. bleeding a clutch

I'm working on a 86 ranger 5 speed manual. I'm trying to bleed the clutch and having no luck I read the tech article on it and when I open the bleeder no fluid will flow out unless I pump the clutch and then its not much. I'll pump the clut h about 4 times hold to the floor then have my...
  5. urgent only running vehicle

I have a 96 ford explorer that will not start it has spark and fuel half of a tank of gas and heet in the tank it will crank over but will not catch. It has pressure at the fuel rail and I pulled a plug wire slid a screw driver in the end held it over the fender and got a spark when I had...
  6. 2wd to4wd

Hey I want to swap my 83 ranger over to 4wd I have a 91 ford explorer for a Donner what all frame parts will I need I already plan on doing the rear axle swap as I plan to put a 302 in. I know cost normally isn't worth it but I'm paying 75 for the explorer. I will still need a transfer case and...
  7. engine vacuum

need help i replaced the oil pump and oil pan gasket and now i have a tick. the truck sat for at least 2 years and the oil was blacker than black. im thinking that when i changed the oil that maybe something broke loose and either stuck the valve open or block the oil for the lifter. when i...
  8. tire fitment

Will 30 x 10.5 x 15 tires fit a stock 83 ranger with the 2.8

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad