• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. metalmike

Weird Battery Problem

Recently I've noticed when I start my truck up in the morning the battery voltage is about half of what it normally is, and it isn't getting recharged until the engine warms up a bit (headlights are dim and the little red battery light is on). Here's the part that's got me stumped: it only...
  2. metalmike

Trying to locate a squeal

I've had the infamous squeal for a little while now, and I'm stumped as to what's causing it. Here's what I've figured out so far: - The squeal is in the front of the engine, so it's not the cam syncro - It's coming from the driver side of the engine so it's not the alternator - Tensioner...
  3. metalmike

Grabby front brakes

About 8 months ago I had my driver side wheel bearing replaced along with new pads and rotors. Recently, if I put any sort of pressure on the brake pedal my abs will kick in and my truck will stop short. The pedal will also flutter randomly while I'm braking. It's starting to get pretty bad so I...
  4. metalmike

Painting over frame rust

I'm finally on the "get rid of rust" part of my to fix list. The entire underside of my truck is covered in a nice layer of rust. Not enough to weaken anything, but enough that it's time to clean up and paint up. My plan is to go in with a decent wire brush, get rid of all the loose stuff, then...
  5. metalmike

Squeaking Steering

So my ranger decided to make a new noise today. Almost every time I turn at lower speeds (like around a parking lot) my front end makes this higher pitched squeak. It almost sounds like fast chirping a bad bearing would make. It only makes this noise while turning slowly and sometimes in a...
  6. metalmike

Big tires on a stock off-road package?

I'm looking to throw some bigger tires on my 99 Ranger for mild off-roading (basically playing around on dirt/sand trails and roads). I currently have the stock off-road package, but I'm going to put in some Belltech 6400 shackles, Explorer leafs, and do a little torsion bar cranking to level...
  7. metalmike

Need opinions

I'm looking to put a cat-back on my 1999 Ranger 3.0L for a little extra power (and to get rid of the rusty crap that's currently under my truck). I can't decided between Gibson and JBA. I'm keeping it side swept since that seems to have the best gains and it's the stock look. I also want to stay...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad