• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JimRummy

Tick/click/rattle after new header, plugs and wires installed

So just to preface this; 93 4.0 AT 138k. These noises were non existent before this “new stuff”. Hedman headers were installed last Thursday. Mechanic had to move the cats and exhaust a few inches to make the headers fit ( Y pipe was a huge pita). Along with the headers I replaced the plugs and...
  2. JimRummy

Odd oil leak under extreme load... only..

Good evening friends. So over this last week I went camping at Lake Cachuma in central/southern CA with my Girlfriend, Daughter and buddy. If you're not familiar with the area, it is right past Santa Barbara, about 30 miles up east into the mountains, and it was 104 degrees the entire way. From...
  3. JimRummy

Y pipe interchangeability?

I have a set of Hedman headers (89400) that I was really hoping to have installed while everything is apart for a head gasket job on my 93 4.0, but I don't have the Y pipe, just the left and right headers.. I've contacted Hedman and they only sell them with the full set. Are there any compatible...
  4. JimRummy

Steering radius lost..

So a few weekends ago my brother and I did the 95+ dual piston brake/knuckle swap to my 93. Everything went smoothly (we as smoothly as these things can go), and I successfully have the dual piston calipers with the 96 lines, rotors, bearings etc. After I got everything back in place and bled, I...
  5. JimRummy

Brake/Steering mystery

So a few weekends ago my brother and I did the 95+ dual piston brake/knuckle swap to my 93. Everything went smoothly (we as smoothly as these things can go), and I successfully have the dual piston calipers with the 96 lines, rotors, bearings etc. After I got everything back in place and bled, I...
  6. JimRummy

Header legality in California

I had a quick question as to the legality of exhaust headers in California. I just obtained a set of Hedman headers (with the egr smog port) for my 93 4.0. I know the headers are legal, but with our smog restrictions any modifications to the intake system will cause a visual inspection fail.. so...
  7. JimRummy

97 to 93 dual piston brake upgrade.. new master cylinder?

I'm doing the 97 dual piston new knuckle/rotor upgrade, for my 93 4.0 2wd, and I was probably going to replace the POS Duralast master cylinder with a motor craft one. My question is should I stick with a 93 master cylinder, or change it to the 97 master cylinder so it matches all the other...
  8. JimRummy

'93 or '97 Master Cylinder?

I'm going to be doing the 1 to 2 piston brake swap soon, and I was just curious, should I buy a 1993 motorcraft master cylinder or a 1997 one that would be the same year as the breaks and other stuff? I currently have a pos AutoZone one I'm using and was just curious is the stock '93 was good...
  9. JimRummy

Slightly off fuel gauge

So with my gauge when I fill it up (and I do stop when it clicks, I don't keep topping it {not saying it's never happened, but I don't try to do it}) it's about a quarter inch past full, and stays there a while, then will drop accordingly, but not like it should. Sometimes it will stay there...
  10. JimRummy

Pop-up Station

Has anyone else recently tried browsing on their phone and had a pop up immediately take them to some spam page when opening a thread? I don't even have to click anything, just click a thread and after about 5 seconds it redirects me.. I literally can't even use this site with my mobile anymore..
  11. JimRummy

Random Question..

Hey random question (no, this didn't happen to me or anything), if your driving on the freeway while running your A/C, and the A/C compressor seized up, would the pulley be seized , or would it still free spin? I was just thinking about it and wondering if it would burn through the belt in like...
  12. JimRummy

4.0 intake plenum question..

So I need a new one..well really just the rubber gaskets that go around where it meets the MAF housing and throttle body. I've found it (part #F37Z9B659H) on eBay, but they want almost $80 for the whole assembly. I've already inquired about only purchasing the gaskets, but they only sell them...
  13. JimRummy

Fuel Pump Fuse (#20 in Power Distribution Box)

I'd been having a never ending mystery issue with random misfire, CEL flashes, strange shifting, and bucking, almost always after a large bump, dip or turn. After replacing the normal list of junk (MAF, PCV, Coilpack, plugs etc etc) and the problem never went away Finally got traced down to the...
  14. JimRummy

Drop tank or bed?

Looks like I have to drop the tank and/or remove the bed to get to the bottom of this Issue I'm having (Filler neck/tank seal? Post) , and bottom line what is the better option? thanks
  15. JimRummy

Filler neck/tank seal?

So I've been having a mystery misfire/CEL that seems to affect everything (mpg, shifting, brakes seem worse, misfiring etc) and through the never-ending hunt to remedy this I've replaced the Coilpack, plugs, added DEI protect a boots (one cylinder has an excessive heat issue, the opposite...
  16. JimRummy

Rubber grommet in crankcase..

While replacing my PCV (and grommet) I noticed that the old grommet deteriorated and some of the old crumbled rubber is down inside the crankcase. I can feel it, but can't seem to get any out.. is this something to worry about, or do I need to address this, and how Thanks
  17. JimRummy

quick vapor canister question..

Does the small 45° hose that connects the line to the canister need to be any specific type of hose? I'm having a hard time finding the same hose and I was wondering if any other type would be fine to use?
  18. JimRummy

OSS question..

I decided to post this in here, as the axle page didnt get any replies.. It's an easy install, but once I pop it out of its sealed motorcraft bag it's mine so... I recently replaced my OSS or VSS (or abs or whatever) with a crappy AutoZone one, and it's been almost a year, and my trucks acting...
  19. JimRummy

VSS Question

UPDATE. I mistakenly have been calling it a VSS, when it is an OSS sensor. (not that anyone noticed or cared) I've searched and haven't found any previous posts about the difference between the smooth round sensor and the hexed flatish new one. It's an easy install, but once I pop it out of its...
  20. JimRummy

Few random questions..

Had a couple of questions that I wanted to ask you guys.. I have an oiled filter setup in my 93 4.0, and I was curious what the thoughts on filter wraps? Like does it reduce the flow the open filter creates (i like to think of them as high flow/less restrictive filters, since we know they aren't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad