• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Vacuum hose location?

Can someone tell me if there is a hose that is supposed to go here? I recently did lifters and I can't remember if there's supposed to be anything going to this point... It's definitely got a vacuum and engine will stall if I plug it. If a hose is supposed to be connected here can someone let me...
  2. Still ticking after lifters replaced :(

As some of you know I was working on replacing the lifters in my 2.9L awhile ago and I've finally finished. After messing around with the timing, I got the thing running and it sounded pretty good! But after about 20 minutes of running, the infamous tick reared its ugly head once again :(...
  3. Adjusting Valves 2.9L

Can anyone please let me know how this is done? I can't seem to find the process in my repair manual.
  4. Black sludge on top of block in 2.9L

After removing the intake I noticed that there was thick black build up, it wasn't gooey it was almost like dirt that was stuffed in all the indents on top of the block, I wish I could take a picture but I'm at work right now, I might upload a picture once I get home. Has anyone had this issue...
  5. Removing front two lifters in 2.9L?

I've finally got back to working on my 88 BII and it's time to take out the lifters.... has anyone been successful at attempting this with the cylinder heads still on? I can see that the front lifters, left and right, might be difficult to remove with the heads in place, can anyone give me any...
  6. Need Help Removing Distributor from 2.9L

I've looked all over the place and can't find out how to remove the distributor... took the cap and rotor off and I'm unable to locate any sort of bolt or bracket that holds the distributor to the block, can anyone point me in the right direction?
  7. Removing 2.9L Fuel Rail?

Can anyone give me some information about how to remove the fuel rail and injectors from a 2.9L? I've removed all the bolts I could see and there was a clip on each injector that I removed but I'm unsure of how to take the whole thing off so I can finally unbolt the lower intake manifold. Any...
  8. Hissing while rotating engine with ratchet.

I'm tearing down my 2.9L engine from my 88 BII because it was ticking and had some other weird noises while running. After getting one of the valve covers off I decided to rotate the engine with a ratchet and I'm noticing a few things... -Hissing coming from the cylinder head -Resistance isn't...
  9. 3.0L in place of 2.9L motor?

1988 B2 XLT 4x4 Fuel Injected Is a swap from the 2.9L v6 to the 3.0L v6 going to work while maintaining the same old automatic transmission? The reason I'm replacing the engine is because it has heavy rod and lifter noise, not worth the rebuild IMO. Anyone ever done this engine swap? And if so...
  10. Misterious Electronic Box In Passenger Side Panel

There is a silver box with a bunch of wires attached to it mounted under the right hand side panel in front of the door in my B2. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I initially guessed that it was an amplifier for the rear speakers :P I disconnected it just to see what would happen and my truck...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad