• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Convert '97 2wd to 98 Explorer 5.0 all wheel drive

OK, I'm reconsidering stripping the '98 Explorer donor I have, moving all the "all whl drive" and 5.0 components to the '97 2wd 2.3 chassis. Has anyone done this conversion..? My Ford guy says it should be a drop in, more or less. (been THERE before!) Even the "all whl drive" transfer case can...
  2. Transmission I.D.

Can someone help positively identify a transmission I am looking to install behind a 5.0 in my Ranger? The numbers cast on the housing are as follows: " RF-F4ZP-7W6-AA " It was removed from 1994 Mustang 5.0 GT Thanks..! :)
  3. 1998 Explorer 5.0 into a 1997 2.3

I have an opportunity to pick up a 1998 5.0 "all wheel drive" (??) Explorer with a bad engine, otherwise intact. I have available a 93 5.0 from a Mustang, along with an AO4D tranny ( needs computer control) from a '94 Mustang... Is this donor Explorer the right candidate to swap the 5.0 into my...
  4. 2.3 Poor Power

My daughter has a 1997 Ranger with the 2.3 liter, 5 speed. when I first picked up the truck for her, it had 65K miles. I drove it, and thought it was a turd, maybe the timing belt had slipped, etc. I swaped a new belt in, making sure everything was installed correctly...no difference...still a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad