• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Alternator going out!

Hi all, I'm in a strange situation with my truck. It is a 2006 Ranger STX with the 3.0l engine. The alternator is going out, just not putting out enough to fully charge the battery, and yes I did have the battery checked. My problem is, for some reason NOBODY around here has a replacement. I've...
  2. 5r44e Transmision leak

2006 Ranger STX, 3.0L, 5R44e How much play should there be in the output shaft at the rear of the transmission? I pulled the driveshaft today to replace the ujoints, rear one was stiff. After I got is out, I noticed there was a small amount of play in the tail shaft. How hard would it be to...
  3. 5r55e/5r44e reliability

Over the years how has the 5RxxE evolved in terms of reliability, and what can be done, ( to a good working unit), to get the maximum life from it? I had a 1994 3.0L Ranger, with the A4LD that served me well for 15 years and 170k miles before the transmission totally went out. I now have a 2006...
  4. stx seperator plate id

Can any of you experts out there help me out. I have a 2006 Ranger STX, 5r44e, 3.0L. I have been trying to get the full/long part number for the seperator plate for the valve body, so far I have a lot of conflicting info.. I have been told "7z490" and/or "7z492". The local dealer told me it was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad