• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. erik2282

Solid coil spring spacers -vs- polyurethane??

I had 1.5" poly's on my chevy s10 for over 2 years w/ no problem. I am planning to keep my Ranger for a longer time than the chevy so I want quality parts, right. Iv read on this site that the polys break and solids are better.... so... which solids are good? what are they made of? and where to...
  2. erik2282

truck higher on passenger side than on drivers side.

about an inch and a 1/2. Any reasons why it might be doing this. The truck has 68,000 miles, never been wrecked, no offroading, just drive to work and store and stuff, no aftermarket stuff, completely stock. tires properly inflated, front end good, alignment good, leaf springs good. I never...
  3. erik2282

00 Ranger, differential fluid question and wheel bearings

it has 373 gears and 225.70.15 tires. its all stock with 64,000 miles...I've never changed the diff fluid out before. What is the service interval for doing this? and what fluid(brand, weight) do you guys reccomend? When you change the fluid out do have to take the cover off and replace the...
  4. erik2282

driver's door kinda hard to close

you got to slam it kind of hard for it too close right. the passenger door is alot easier to close. any suggestions? thanks p.s. sorry, i didnt know where to post this thread so i put it in here...
  5. erik2282

my ranger

sorry i couldnt make the pictures smaller, I tried with photobucket but i couldnt....
  6. erik2282

'00 xlt 3.0 v6, tachometer question....

My truck doesn't have a facory tach. How would I go about installing one? I wanted to get one that lights up when I turn my headlights on like a factory one. Which wire do you guys recommend splicing into and where? Also, what tach that looks simple do you guys recommend? I want something thats...
  7. erik2282

thump on de/acceleration

2000 Ranger XLT Supercab , 2 wheel drive, auto tranny, 3.0 v6, 373 gears. aluminum 1-piece driveshaft... completely stock truck. When I'm at a light I press the gas pedal and I feel a "thunk". I also feel it when I'm slowing down almost at a stop. I've been searching a lot on this topic and I...
  8. erik2282

Motorcraft spark plugs ''PP" suffix?

In the owner's manual it says to use spark plugs that have a "PP" suffix in the part number. Well I bought some Motorcraft spark plugs from O'rielly's and on the box it says "SP-500, AGSF, 22FM". Are these ok to use? And a guy told me that you shouldn't gap platinum spark plugs cuz u could...
  9. erik2282

factory 225/70/15 to taller tires?

I was thinkin about maybe getting some taller tires when its time to throw these away. If I got like 225/75/15's or 235/75/15's would it give a lit bit better gas mileage since the tire is a little bit taller? Im not looking for tough lookin or aggressive tires just something that will help a...
  10. erik2282

Hi. cool site.

Hi. I just bought my first Ford 3 days ago. It's a black '00 Ranger XLT. It has the 3.0L v6, extended cab and stepside bed. My previous vehicles were: '97 Nissan Altima, '96 Dodge Caravan, '98 Chevrolet s10, '90 Honda Accord, '96 Huyndai Accent, and a '91 Mazda 626. My dad has a '03 F150 with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad