• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jmaynard

Fixing stiff door lock button

About the only thing that doesn't work on my 89 Bronco II is the power locks. The one on the tailgate is fine, but the one on the driver's door is a bit stiff, and the one on the passenger door is very stiff. I figure this is a simple fix, but are there any pitfalls? Also, I've had the...
  2. jmaynard

Full sized spare inside?

My '89 still has the temporary spare. I want to replace it with a full-sized wheel and tire. Will it fit inside the back? I don't have the external spare carrier.
  3. jmaynard

Bronco II HF mobile antenna mounting

I want to install my Hi-Q 3/80-RT on my 1989 Bronco II. I don't have the external spare tire rack, so the mounting method a friend used on his won't work. I was thinking in terms of a bracket to mount to the rear bumper frame attachment bolt on the driver's side and put the antenna out from the...
  4. jmaynard

Not a road vehicle...

I made my 1500-mile trip last weekend. I learned that, whatever else the Bronco II may be, a highway cruiser it ain't. The drive over (Fairmont, MN to Detroit, I-90->I-35->US-18->US-218->I-380->I-80->I-94) was into a ferocious wind out of the southeast. The truck wandered quite a bit in the...
  5. jmaynard

Need Bronco II rear wiper arm

Mine's stiff enough and weak enough that the blade doesn't press against the window. They appear to be made of unobtainium. Any suggestions on where I can get one, or how I can fix mine?
  6. jmaynard

A reluctant Bronco II owner

I'm driving a 1989 Bronco II because I needed wheels in a hurry and it was the only thing I could find quickly and afford. Once upon a time, I swore I'd never again own a Ford product. I'd bought two new Fords in my life. The first was a 1983 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. The car was fun to drive -...
  7. jmaynard

'89 Bronco II 2.9 running rich

I'm driving an '89 Bronco II XLT I bought out of a guy's barn, where it sat for over a year, for $125. I've put about $1200 of repairs into it, mainly replacing all the fluids and rebuilding the brake system. It's running fairly well now - except that the mixture is quite rich. It's pumping a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad