• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 Ranger Frame Specs

im looking to chop the rear of my 87' off and make a new rear frame, goal is to move the rear axle closer and shorten the wheel base. Does anyone have the Frame specs from the factory service manual for an 87' ranger? Id like to model this whole project in Solidworks to be sure it works ok and...
  2. Which model locking hubbing do i need?

I want to do the conversion to locking hubs on my 99' Ranger sport 4x4. I found a site that lists the AVM and Rugged Ridge hubs. I cant tell which one i actually need, their is a price difference and one mentions a 44spline count. Here is the link...
  3. drive shaft for f150 rear swap?

I have a 79' Dana44 swaped into my 87' ranger. I am keeping it full size so i picked up a 96' f150 8.8 rear. I am hooking up my drive shafts now, what pinion flange do i need to bolt up my 87 ranger drive shaft to the f150 rear? Someone mentioned an early 90's bronco full size pinion flange, but...
  4. tail light swap 99 Ranger

tail light swap 99 Ranger? I have a 99' Ranger XLT 4x4, it currently has the red/yellow tail lights. I have seen some FX4 and Edges of the same generation i believe with a red/clear tail light (not aftermarket) does anyone know what/if any years of these are compatible with my 99'? I am...
  5. tensioner mounting bolt torque spec?

I just finally narrowed down my crazy squealing on my 99' ranger xlt. Turns out my tensioner was shot, got a new one and now its not squealing at all. I don't have a chilton/haynes manual, does anyone know the proper torque spec for the 8mm mounting bolt? I don't want to have over tighten it or...
  6. Springs for 87' SAS swap?

I am gearing up to do a SAS swap on my 87' Ranger. I have a 79' f150 Dana 44 i plan on using with the stock radius arms. I plan to use f150 2wd rear leafs w/ blocks for the rear (for the time being). I have read alot of SAS threads and it seems their is a wide range of springs used in the front...
  7. Hard engagment, shuttering from A4LD

I just bought an 87' ranger 4x4 with a 2.9 and an A4LD auto trans. When you go to shift it into D, OD, or R it shutters for a second then slams into the selection and goes. It also has a rough time with P and N. Sometimes when i set it to P, it will back up very very slowly and sometime in N...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad