• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. hunting and fishing is disgusting!

Didn't figure that was you. Just thought it was a funny coincidence. By the way there is a reason it is called hunting not shooting.
  2. Off camber noise

Not sure where to post this. Went fishing yesterday and was climbing a pond bank and was twisting quite a bit going up the side. I got this very shrill grinding metal sound. Like dragging heavy steal across cement. Not sure where it came from and kind of scared me. Any ides? I did a 4.0 swap...
  3. hunting and fishing is disgusting!

"I'm not a hunter". How'd you get the coonskin hat? :)
  4. Mustang forums

I have a 66 mustang that needs some tlc. Any good mustang forums out there? I am not wanting to do a complete resto with matching numbers and stuff. I am more interested in more of a resto mod. Making improvements where able to like disk breaks, electronic ignition and such.
  5. 2000 ranger evaporator core replacement

I have been searching, and am still confused. I have a 2000 ranger that i did a 3.0 - 4.0 swap. Engine and AC compressor are from a 2000 explorer sport. AC worked fine last year after swap, but now won't hold charge. had a shop take a look and they say evaporator core. They said it would be...
  6. Evaporator replacement?

I have a 2000 ranger that I did the 3.0 to 4.0 conversion. Used a 2000 explorer 4.0 as a doner. No longer have it. My problem is all te sudden last fall the truck would loose all the r134. I tried to replace thinking it was low because the compressor stopped, but it would only run or a day...
  7. Plastic below front bumper

i have a 2000 ranger 4x4 extended cab. The plastic below the front bumper is gone along with the fog lights. I am a bit nervous driving out in the fields with the radiator and trans line exposed to direct impact. I got this truck for light offroading and as a hunting/fishing truck. It had a...
  8. Lower Radiator hose being cut by Serpentine belt

Any ideas on how to keep the Lower Radiator Hose out of the Serpentine belt? I am on my 2nd one in 3 days and it is now being cut. I have a 4.0 sohc out of a 2000 explorer 4x4 sport that I transplanted to a 2000 ranger. Everything bolted to the Engine is from the explorer as well as the...
  9. where is Oil Pressure Sensor wire in 3.0

I got a 2000 Ranger 4x4 that had a 3.0. I did a 4.0 swap from a 2000 Explorer. My question is I can not find where the wire for the Oil Pressure Gage is in the engine bay. I have the sensor off the 4.0 that has a green/ white stripe wire. I used the wire harnesses in the engine bay from the...
  10. Running CB with Marine Radio in same truck

Is anyone running a CB with a Marine Radio (VHF?) in the same rig? Asking because planning to do some hunting/fishing this fall and the guys I am going with are running with handheld Marines. Also my buddy is getting a boat and we were wanting to have a "Base" to call into with trouble on the...
  11. PATS Location on 2000 Ranger 3.0

Where is the PATS located on a 2000 Ranger Extended cab 3.0? I looked behind the glove box and found a wiring harness not hooked up to anything that was white and had 4 wires and 2 black wires going to a small box thing on top of the airbox. If the small box is the PATS, how do I get it out, I...
  12. Need new Plenum for 2000 4.0

Working on my 4.0 swap today. I need a new Plenum/upper intake manifold. It was cracked in the rollover. Went to 3 part stores and all they can get are lower intake manifolds. What years work on a 2000 4.0 SOHV? Are they different between Models like Ranger and Explorer?
  13. Using 1345 Tcas with PCM from A4dw donor

Posted this question in the 4wd section, but thought I might put it here also because of the 4.0 swap. I have a 2000 ranger 4x4 that I am doing the 4.0 swap on. My donor is a 2000 Explorer X with the AD (44-50 tcase). Can I still use the 13-45 tcase with the PCM from the Explorer? If not what...
  14. 1354 tcase with PCM from Explorer AWD

Got a 2000 Ranger 3.0 4x4 I am going to do a 4.0 conversion on. I have a doaner, a 2000 Explorer sport 4.0 4x4 with the 44-50 tcase. Can I still use the 1354E tcase from the ranger behind the 5r55e and select between 2wd, 4wd hi, 4wd lo with the Explorer PCM installed? What are my options if...
  15. Loading vehical without a front wheel?

Not sure where to put this question. I have found a doaner for a 4.0 swap. It was in a rollover and the front passenger wheel assembly broke off. How can I load it on a trailer without having a wheel?:icon_confused: Any tips or tricks? I know I will need a winch, but something to slide on...
  16. Easiest 3.0 to 4.0 swap

I have a 2000 3.0 auto 4x4 Extended cab ranger. What models of explorer and rangers would make the swap the easiest? Would computers from 98 explorer sports work? Reason for asking, I have found some Possible donors on craigslist, but not exactly 2000 4x4 Rangers. Also if I have to go to the...
  17. Shimming Valves on 3.0

Has anyone heard of Shimming a Valve on a 2000 3.0? I got this truck for next to nothing, the Previous Owner said they had to "Shim the Valve" about once a year. They were sick of it and wanted to get rid of it. The way the inside of the cab looked, I don't think they took care of it. It was...
  18. Does not move unless OD turned off

I have a 2000 Ranger 4X4 3.0 auto, electric transfer case. The tranny is giving me fits. It will move under its own power only if the OD is turned off. Reverse will only work, very weak, if I first turn off OD then shift to Drive then back to Reverse. It will shift but very hard and I have...
  19. Swapping a tranny for Dummies

Just picked up a 2000 Ranger 4x4 auto Extended cab. I knew it has many issues but for the price, could hardly pass it up. After further inspection, I believe I am going to have to replace the motor in the near future as well as the tranny. My plan is to use it as a hunting truck and a mud...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad