• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. VBredneck

Mellow trails in VA

Need to test Real-Time 4WD drive function on, dare I say, my Honda Element. Any of you VA boys know of any trails that aren't filled with giant rocks and such? I'm up around DC, close to Shenandoah, Winchester, etc.
  2. VBredneck

Possible stupid question

I'm nearly certain this has been asked before, and you can berate me all you want for not searching hard enough but, will the AWD case from an Aerostar mate to a Ranger transmission? I've got a manual 4x2 B4000 that I would like to convert to full-time AWD (for my upcoming move to Northern...
  3. VBredneck

T18/19

So, I haven't been on here in a while; been over on the desert sites trying to soak up as much beam building info as I can but I wanted to ask a question of you swap-this-for-that gurus... I'm in need of a new transmission but I don't wanna just drop in a remanufactured M5OD. Anyone know what...
  4. VBredneck

2LO only?

It's possible that this is a very retarded question, but I'm gonna ask anyhow. Does anyone know if Atlas or someone else makes a transfer case with only 2LO selections? My truck's 2WD (don't be hatin') and I had been throwing around the idea of SAS with a divorced t-case but I've pretty much...
  5. VBredneck

Michiganites

Is that even a word? Any members from Michigan out there that can tell me anything about the Boyne City area other than, "It's really nice, I think you'd really like it." My sister just moved up that way and I'm planning on going to visit her over the summer but that's all I can get out of...
  6. VBredneck

86 Bronco axles

Just wondering how much it would take to make this work... I can get my hands on a full-size Bronco (86) donor that has everything but the tranny for $800. My main priority would be the axles and the transfer case (BW 1345). I know in the tech library there's stuff about the early Bronco...
  7. VBredneck

Welded or Clamped?

Who's done what after changing their exhaust? I know with it being welded you wouldn't have to worry about any pipe or muffler falling off but if you weld two pieces of pipe together, you get drips from the weld falling into your pipe, right? Which would defeat the purpose of putting a...
  8. VBredneck

Built third members?

Anyone know where I could get a built third member for an 8.8, rather than having to change my gears and carrier? Other than Currie ($$$)? I was looking on 4WheelParts and they've got high pinion thirds but they're for 9s, so that won't help me much, right? I'm looking for one with something...
  9. VBredneck

Divorced T-case?

I was watching an episode of Extreme 4x4 a while back and they mentioned something about a divorced transfer case but they didn't really go into too much of an explanation. I read someplace you could set up a divorced t-case with a 2wd transmission. Is that right? I mean, I'd have to swap...
  10. VBredneck

Extended beams vs. brackets

Anyone using extended beams instead of or in conjunction with drop brackets? I was thinking of getting some 4.5" extended beams from Camburg but I don't know how much lift that 4.5"s would allow and still be relatively easy to align. Any major drawbacks to extended beams? (This is a 2wd...
  11. VBredneck

Skyjacker lifts

I know it's common for guys with extended cab 4.0Ls to run the 6" kit using the 4" holes but that still only gets about 4.5" of actual lift. I want as much lift as possible 'cause I wanna fit the biggest tires possible; could I run the 6" lift with an 8" coil? And would the 4.0L with the stock...
  12. VBredneck

F150 I Beams?

What would be involved as far as cutting and welding, etc. in putting an I-Beam F150 suspension into my Mazda B? And could I put a lifted F150 suspension on there? I haven't done much research just yet but has anyone done it or know someone that has?
  13. VBredneck

How screwed am I?

I'm not sure if this in the right place but there's nowhere else I could really see to post something about the hood cable latch. What would cause (better yet, how should I go about fixing) the cable that connects your 'open hood' latch inside the cab to the part under the hood? Because mine...
  14. VBredneck

I want a good, functional exhaust

Hey guys, what can I do with my exhaust to get a more throaty or airy sound without doing any kind of header work? I want it to sound GOOD with a nice rumble, you know. Nothing necessarily LOUD, but loud to a certain degree would be nice. I've got that 4.0L V6 in a '97 B4000. Oh, if it...
  15. VBredneck

Piecing lift together

I'm trying to gather some information and/or opinions about what the pros and cons would be of piecing a lift together instead of just buying a straight up kit. I've got a 97 B4000 extended cab and I want to go up as high as I can without getting that vibration in my driveshaft so I was...
  16. VBredneck

Hey ya'll

I've been driving my 97 B4000 for a few years now and am just gettin' around to lifting it, not sure what took me so long. I've been lurking here for quite a while picking up helpful hints from everyone else's questions and answers but I figured it was time to register myself to ask ya'll some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad