• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5 speed Transmission/clutch issue

Started out to replace the clutch. After the first install, the truck would barely move. It turns out that I had neglected to remove a spacer/bushing from the vicinity of the slave cylinder when I installed a new throw out bearing. Just finished removing and reinstalling and it is now worse...
  2. Transmission reinstall questions

87 Ranger 2.9 4x4 - removed the transmission (FM145? - can't recall exactly what the info plate said) to replace the clutch. My first time reinstalling a transmission and I get the feeling something is not right. I replaced the pilot bearing in the flywheel, installed the new clutch using the...
  3. 94 4.0 overheated, runs terrible

I think my son overheated his 94 Ranger 4.0. When I got there he was on the shoulder of the freeway, coolant had already sprayed everywhere and the vehicle would barely run. I couldn't tell where the coolant came from but it seemed worst in the front of the engine compartment on the passenger...
  4. 86 Bronco II with trouble code 95

My book tells me this is a Fuel Pump Circuit open - EEC processor to motor ground. I am not very good with wiring diagrams, but is this the black/lt green wire coming off of pin 60? Any other suggestions?
  5. Transmission Vacuum lines in engine compartment

Cruise Control Vacuum lines in engine compartment? I have an 86 Bronco II with an automatic transmission and a 2.9 V6. When I got it, it was missing some vacuum lines from the engine compartment. I have the "engine" related vacuum lines routed based on my 87 Ranger's configuration. The Ranger...
  6. Timing mark/TDC question

When I line up the timing mark on the pulley to the TC mark, my #1 piston is not at top dead center. Is it supposed to be? Can I just make a new TDC mark on the pulley?
  7. new computer without EGR?

I am already in need of a new computer for my 86 Bronco II. The exhaust manifolds are pretty bad also. Could I just swap in an 88 computer and disconnect the EGR? Would I also need a new wiring harness?
  8. Gas in the oil?

Just bought an '86 Bronco II 2.9, automatic. It starts but runs really weak. Lots of leakage at valve covers and the one spark plug I pulled was jet black with powdery carbon deposits. There does not appear to be any evidence of water in the oil, but it is over the fill line and smells like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad