• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BronKitis

351W Explorer HD Radiator?

Hey guys! I put an Ex Rad in front of my 351 at the factory mounting points in the BII and installed a 16" 2000CFM fan in front as a pusher. Finally got to take it out on the first trip and kept getting temps creeping up to the 210 mark on the trail. -I tried a few different things such as...
  2. BronKitis

Watch "Bronco II 351W first test drive" on YouTube

Bronco II 351W first test drive: http://youtu.be/YK8bi5gETEM
  3. BronKitis

DuraSpark II installation

Can someone please explain in detail how to wire the Duraspark II ignition utilizing the factory harness as stated in the tech articles? I'm easily confused :dunno: I'm sure I could figure it out given enough time but I'd rather just have it so I can dive right into it after work this week...
  4. BronKitis

V8 Alternator Bracket?

Called Ford to price the alternator bracket listed in the tech articles and they wanted $347!!!!! Found out the bracket was used on late 80's stangs, cougars and t-birds.... Except I'm running a v-belt setup and it would appear these are for serpentine belts.... Still work for my app? If not...
  5. BronKitis

1985 f/s Bronco donor w/351

Ok guys! It's time. Picked up this donor and it has a 351/C6/NP208. I've been able to find lots of good info on physical fitment but not so much on the wiring end of things. I'm curious what I'll need to keep from the donor and how I'll need to wire it to the original 2.9 harness. Things like...
  6. BronKitis

Random v-8 swap questions

OK, I am planning to run a carb'd 351. I know the frame mounted pump is too much but will the tank pump suffice? I mean if I delete the HP pump? If not, manual pump to return lines; would this mean I could leave pump in the tank? Also, could someone please post part numbers for correct Mustang...
  7. BronKitis

1999 Super Duty Keyless entry

Ok, so I have a 99' with power door locks and bought a fob for it thinking it had keyless entry. Did the whole program thing and no luck... I assume this means that I do not have the factory keyless entry, but I want it. What would it entail to install the factory keyless entry? Also, does...
  8. BronKitis

1984 F/S Bronco donor???

Guy has an 84' Bronco with a 351W and a C6 on CL for a sweet price, runs and drives. How will this combo fit in the BII?
  9. BronKitis

Fuel Pump testing

Replaced fuel filter last night and started truck this morning. Cycled the key 2-3 times to prime fuel system, cranked it over and it fired. I was letting it warm up, went inside to get garage clothes on, cup of coffee etc. Came back out and it had died, wouldn't start back up. Been having...
  10. BronKitis

Jacobs Electronics Omni Torquer??????

Does anyone have any idea what this is? It appears to me like it's a full ignition and coil in one single unit... I have one in my garage and I don't know where I got it... It looks brand new though! Has a coil wire, a pos and neg cable that look to go to the battery and then 2-3 more wires with...
  11. BronKitis

Speed sensor?

Anyone know if my 88' BII had a speed sensor? Haven't seen much in the tech articles about them, but I believe I am having issues with sensors and a speed sensor may explain some things since the previous owner swapped the current FM145 in place of the factory automatic. Autozone will sell me...
  12. BronKitis

Fuel problem EFI acts like Carb

First trip out with new axles today. Rig was running great until we got to a giant hill climb that was pretty steep. Started into the climb when all the sudden I lost power like the engine stalled, shoved in clutch which saved it and it was idling fine, revved it up to continue and as soon as I...
  13. BronKitis

Hard start 7.3. Glow plug relay? Glow plugs?

Hey all. I've got a 1999 F250 with the powerstroke 7.3. Here is WA, weather has been kinda cold, but not super cold. Maybe down to freezing at night.... Maybe.... I didn't plug my truck inand the next morning I went to fire it up and I had very long crank times. She did not want to start, and...
  14. BronKitis

Tonto's Build Thread

Ok, for the past year I've been doing an axle swap with limited funds, scrap metal and a lot of learning along the way! I kept breaking my rear driveshaft with 30'' tires so I decided it wasn't big enough to tackle what the Northwest has to offer. I went with a HP44 up front from a 1978 F-250...
  15. BronKitis

Oil pump replacement....

Ok..... I finally put an oil pressure gauge on Tonto and the results were not good.... At operating temp, I was only getting between 8-10psi at idle and the most I got while running throttle up was between 45-48psi.... How much of a pain is it to drop the pan on these things so I can replace...
  16. BronKitis

Opinions on what will break next!

Hey all! Tonto is almost complete... At least complete enough to wheel... He will never be done. Question: I've got the stock 2.9, FM145 and 1350 combo with a D60 out back and a 44 up front. I wanted to weld the rear end but I'm worried about breaking all the tiny parts in front of it. What do...
  17. BronKitis

Check engine light= low oil psi?

I probably know the answer to this question, but figured I'd ask anyway...88' BII with 2.9 has check engine light and the crazy valvetrain tick. Question: No oil pressure gauge on truck so I imagine it would be an idiot light IF there were no oil pressure, right? So, on my rig, would that light...
  18. BronKitis

LP44 carrier in a HP44?

Have a 78' HD HP44 with 3.54 gears. Was told had 4.11 when purchased. 3.73 is the carrier break. I have a LP44 from 76' with 4.11 gears. Can I use the carrier from one to the other? Thanks. AJ
  19. BronKitis

LP44 carrier in a HP44?

Have a 78' HD HP44 with 3.54 gears. Was told had 4.11 when purchased. 3.73 is the carrier break. I have a LP44 from 76' with 4.11 gears. Can I use the carrier from one to the other? Thanks. AJ
  20. BronKitis

Ticks when Warm?!?!?!

Ok, so I have the infamous 2.9 tick, except it's more like a CLACK! It didn't bother me at first, but man is it annoying to listen to! Not to mention, it's kinda scary... Plan on doing a 4.0/5.0 swap after a year or so with the new axles (she's been under the knife for 9 months now...) and I'd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad