• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Turn Signal Gremlins

Had a strange thing happen this weekend on my 98 Ranger. I hooked up my boat and went to check my trailer lights and thought my truck was possessed. When I turned on my left turn signal, the indicator on the dash pointed left, but on the truck lamps and on the trailer, the right indicators lit...
  2. Difficult to change gears in auto transmission

I have a 98 Ranger XLT, 2wd, 4.0L Auto Transmission. The problem I have is that the gear shift arm is very difficult to move. I am able to shift into any gear, but there is significant resistance. The gear indicator lines up with the proper gear. Any ideas on what may be the problem?
  3. 1998 XLT Supercab 4.0 for Towing

I just bought a Ranger for the sole purpose of towing my 14 ft boat. The truck is a 1998 XLT Supercab 2wd, 4.0 V6 Auto with a 3.08 gear ratio. The weight of the fully equipped boat with the trailer is around 1500 lb. I usually pull the boat about 100 miles round trip approximately 20 times a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad