• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Motor mount problem

I have a 1990 ford ranger that had a 2.9 in it. It's 2wd. I have my 302 with a t5 ready to drop in. I have the fox body motor mounts bolted on. Problem is that I can't get it to drop in correctly. I opened up the passenger side hole and on the drivers I opened the 2 holes and cut the middle out...
  2. T5 differences

Is a t5 from a 94-95 v8 mustang any worse to use then one from a 87-93. I know they run an inch longer but anything else. I have one for my 90 ranger v8 swap
  3. 1990 ranger v8 swap project begins

decided to put a v8 in the ranger since I wasn't happy with the 4.0. I have been collecting parts and. tonight I started to build the engine. heres what I have so far: 5.0 from a 94 mustang gt40 heads(not p heads) e303 cam edelbrock torker intake 600 cfm carb hei style dizzy t5 from 94 mustang...
  4. 4.0 no start

so i have the 4.0 swapped in my ranger. now its not starting. it cranks but no starts. it is getting fuel. i put an inline spark tester in and im not getting spark. i had the edis module tested and it tested fine. i put a new crank sensor on and still no start. i have the coil off now and...
  5. 4.0 swap troubleshooting

i have a 1990 ranger that had a 2.9 with a a4ld. i bought a 4.0 out of a 93 ranger with the a4ld attached. i have the 4.0 and 4.0 a4ld installed. i installed an engine harness and engine bay harness from a93 explorer. the 4.0 cranks but no fuel. i dont hear the fuel pump kicking on. also when i...
  6. 4.0 swap in progress

so im putting a 4.0 from a 93 ranger into my 90 that had a 2.9. did research on wiring and found that a 91 explorer harness would be a plug and play. i got the engine bay harness and cpu. now i have the 2.9 out and the 2.9 harness out. im ready to put the explorer harness in and noticed that the...
  7. 1990 ford ecm 2.9 to 4.0

i bought an engine and trans from a 93 ranger. i got the ecm,maf,and the wiring with it. im going from a 90 2.9 to a 93 4.0. in the 90 the ecm is in the passenger kick panel. the 93 is in the rear left corner of the engine. my question is will i put the 4.0 ecm where the 2.9 ecm is now. thanks...
  8. v8 trans ?

i have a 97 explorer 5.0 as a donor vehicle. my plans are to rebuild the engine and put a cam and port the heads and intake. as for the tranny i want to keep the 4r70w and pu tin in my ranger which is a 96. now i know the explorer is awd and the ranger is 2wd which is the way im building it, my...
  9. frame differences

i have a 96 2wd standard cab shortbed ranger. i was wondering if a frame from a 94 is the same? if not then what years are. i need a frame for mine within the next year and want to start redoing a nice one with all new parts
  10. driveshaft problem

im sorry if this is in the wrong place and yes i have used the search button. anyways... i have a 96 regular cab ranger with a 5 speed. i noticed a sound the other day and looked under the truck. at the front of the driveshaft that goes into the tranny there looks to be a collar of some sort...
  11. 5/6 drop on 96

so im have been doing some research and cant find the answer im looking for. i have a 96 2wd and want to do a 5/6 drop. my ? is what size tire do i use. im want to run 17's or 18's, im running 16's right now and would like to use them for winter wheels. thanks in adance
  12. my 96 i picked up in jan.

i picked this up in jan to play around with. it started out as a fleetside base model. i have did the explorer seat and console switch,suede headliner and visors,suede on the doors, changed beds,put mustang wheels on it,molded a roll pan in it and put a new front bumper.i just painted the truck...
  13. rear bumper

i was wondering if the rear bumper for a stepside and a flareside are different? its a 96 ranger in question. 2wd thanks
  14. just wondering

im doing a 3/4 drop on my 96 ranger and running 16's. my ? is can i still run my 14" rims and tires in the winter with no problem
  15. new here

i just wanted to say hi to everyone. i just bought a 96 std cab ranger. its a 5 spd with a 2.3. i got it to go back and forth to school but will be doing some mods to it anyways. its a fleetside short bed so i wanna switch it to a stepside and do a 3/4 drop on it. i had some 16 inch mustang...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad